Thread: Msts 2

Default Msts 2

Hi. I've been watching videos of MSTS 2 and I've been asking one question.

Why does the MSTS 2 C44-9W and SD40-2 look identical to the TrainSimulations/SLI Scenic Sub 2.0 stock?
    Is Daniel "Danny" Beck behind those models?

Either way it just sucks that the game was never finished as it had a heck of a lot of potential to do great stuff for the MSTS Community and maybe it would be backwards compatible with older game content.

Try using OpenRails I have found it to be very good.
    Regards
    Barrie

The answer to your question is yes, the Train Simulations/SLI Scenic Sub equipment was originally made for MSTS 2 and yes, Danny Beck is behind those models.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    The answer to your question is yes, the Train Simulations/SLI Scenic Sub equipment was originally made for MSTS 2 and yes, Danny Beck is behind those models.
    Christopher
    Speak of the devil! and to think that Daniel made those darn good models many years later for MSTS/OR, MSTS 2 was 10 years ahead of its time for crying out loud!

I'm still angry at Microsoft for what they did but you can't blame them for wanting to downsize and streamline.
    I say to heck with those greedy shareholders.

And the fact that a lot of the SLI BNSF Seligman and Scenic Sub Equipment was originally made for MSTS 2 further proves that if MSTS 2 was released it would have been backward compatible with older content.

This would be a blessing considering the fact that there's still a heck of a lot of darn good content available for MSTS (both freeware and payware) that runs problem-free/without trouble in MSTS but requires a lot of fixing when used in Open Rails as it takes many man-weeks to diagnose all the problems and repair everything that gets caught in the net. Most notably, one has to perform manual tweaking to get the 3DTS Drivable RSPs to work in OR, but they will work unmodified in MSTS surprisingly they worked fine EVEN with BIN installed on my system

The NALW Gas Turbine 18 has a weird smoke effect in OR that doesn't happen in MSTS.

If MSTS 2 was finished how much would you bet that it would drive the other simulators out of business?
    Last edited by USASpiritlineTrains; 07-26-2020 at 06:43 PM.