Thread: msts wont start

Default msts wont start

i just herd of this game yesterday and got a copy of it
    i went to start it and this popped up https://youtu.be/DxQtT5CTzqw
    pls help guys :(

It looks like you have installed MSTS in the default 'Program Files' folder path, which won't fly on Windows7, Windows10 and related operating systems. Assuming you are running W7/10/Vista, you'll want to follow the W7 setup instructions found on the Steam4Me website for beginners. There are also W10 video card compatibility issues to be aware of, see various posts in the 'Help & Assistance' forum on video cards, W7, etc.

https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...g_msts_w7.html
    Last edited by trs666; 07-28-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Re-install the program in the new location outside the programs folders (easier than trying to copy folders that might have inherited permissions problems).

If there is a video card issue, have no fear - just download openrails and use that instead. It will run the content on MSTS-- and all the so much better content that has been developed since that is available here and elsewhere.
    Christopher

If anyone is "getting a copy of this game" on "the same day they heard about it", I might ask what yard sale or antique shop did they buy it from?

(It's available on ebay and Amazon. Or was last time I paid attention).

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    (It's available on ebay and Amazon. Or was last time I paid attention).
    Chris,
    Reread the OP. It is the "I got a copy" not "the disks I bought" that is the red flag. One should always suspect that any payware available to download for free contains a Trojan or a virus.
    Charles

The point I was making was the usual parcel delivery procurement channels do not deliver THAT fast. And since there is no legit download option....

That being said, the video shows the guy has Nvidia drivers and an ultrawide monitor of some sort. So who wants to be the one to tell him?

I do congratulate him on a wonderful lame addition to the gaming experience on his sophisticated rig, tho.