Thread: Cool little workaround with DB US tracks limited shapes.

Talking Cool little workaround with DB US tracks limited shapes.

*** I use this technique for my personal use***

Forgive me if this has been posted before, delete if it has. It seems that with a little experimentation you can use the DB sections of track to implement the US sections. By simply uncompressing the shape of sections you may be missing in the US sections. Then simply changing the texture file names from DB2_ to US2_

I came across this while manually converting my B&O Parkersburg Sub route. However, I take only the shapes I need and place them in my routes shapes folder and simply replace it with this line within TSRE.

It should look like this. ..//..//Routes//Shapes//DB2_a1t10mskew.s

This seems to work reasonable for me at least. Again, if this has been mentioned before please disregard or delete. Additionally, these mods are for my own private use, I don't intend to release. This may simply help some newer folks who may be converting and run into the wall on the limited shapes the US tracks face.
    M. Payne

Quote Originally Posted by CSXT Q-317 View Post
    I came across this while manually converting my B&O Parkersburg Sub route.
    Is the route available in the F/L?
    Thanks
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Unfortunately not at this time. I did ponder a tracks only release at one point. As it stands right now I have track from Parkersburg to Cincinnati laid out. Scenery mainly from Chillicothe to Parkersburg with the western part just west of Chillicothe to Queensgate, or pre queensgate mostly bare still.
    M. Payne