Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSTS Easter Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by brama View Post
    And also in PRR Eastern you'll find a company named Klingon Lawn Products.
    *Cue Star Trek Theme.*

My MONON-2 has the spaceship on the INDY branch, In OR it does not fly anymore though.....but the 2 jets still fly over it...
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

In the default Marias Pass route's shapes folder, there is a UFO shape. It was never used in the route, but it does work. It may or may not fly around in OR, as it could in MSTS. I had some fun with that one in my back-in-the-day projects

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    In the default Marias Pass route's shapes folder, there is a UFO shape. It was never used in the route, but it does work. It may or may not fly around in OR, as it could in MSTS. I had some fun with that one in my back-in-the-day projects
    If i recall correctly, the original Marias Pass also had a spiral length of track buried somewhere underground. You could make a custom path and ride down a spiral roller coaster basically

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    If i recall correctly, the original Marias Pass also had a spiral length of track buried somewhere underground. You could make a custom path and ride down a spiral roller coaster basically
    I did that too! Plus, sometimes there are tracks hidden underwater or underground in other routes. Just like those darn good MLT routes end at a "bank of trees" before the tracks become a diving board into the void.

Not all Easter eggs are as obvious as the "happy cows" or the UFO in Rick's route.

On a few of my routes, you might find a silver van parked at spots where my I used to sit and watch trains go by with my kids. Or the bus my wife used to drive many, many years ago. Totally meaningless to the average person, but usually brings a smile to my face whenever I pass them.

"A Journey Back into the Land Before Time": Maybe everybody knows this, but "The Land Before Time" was a series of animated children's movies with talking dinosaurs. Pretty good, actually, and some of them have music by the Roches.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

The Blue Comet Redux I am doing have a few "Easter eggs" in it too. Like the Leeds Devil (aka The Jersey Devil) makes an appearance in certain spots of the Southern Division & PRSL mainline where sightings over the years have been recorded.

The famous "Blue Pond" near Winslow Jct., There have been spectre sightings on the NY&LB, Southern Div, PRSL Mainline & the mainline between JC & E'port over the years. These are of railroad employees & pedestrians that had incidents in those locations over the years. I will include a few of them also.

Plus the Carranza monument on the Southern Division is another Easter Egg I put in & back in post #118 of this thread you can see it.
    - Mark -

I've yet to find a sunken boat in any body of water...are there any???- or an old rusted out auto.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    The Blue Comet Redux I am doing have a few "Easter eggs" in it too. Like the Leeds Devil (aka The Jersey Devil) makes an appearance in certain spots of the Southern Division & PRSL mainline where sightings over the years have been recorded.

The famous "Blue Pond" near Winslow Jct., There have been spectre sightings on the NY&LB, Southern Div, PRSL Mainline & the mainline between JC & E'port over the years. These are of railroad employees & pedestrians that had incidents in those locations over the years. I will include a few of them also.

Plus the Carranza monument on the Southern Division is another Easter Egg I put in & back in post #118 of this thread you can see it.
    Speaking of the modernized blue comet redux, when will it be uploaded? Or is it a private work?