Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Western Pacific color.

Two points Michelle,

1) why not just copy the logo from one of the many excellent side-on photos online? The WP is just a super large version of the font used in the Western Pacific name. It's not THAT far off Arial! Have you tried stretching arial because with some touching up it'd be pretty close.

2) why are you so obsessed with SLI models. Only those that have them can use your repaints. There are plently of freeware boxcars.

Just a suggestion....
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I tried that already with the font Arial while close is not correct for the W. As for using SLI the fact they have a really nice model is a huge plus and they have a Wonderful repaint policy. Some of the older models really need to be upgraded so you can use a diffrent texture on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I tried that already with the font Arial while close is not correct for the W. As for using SLI the fact they have a really nice model is a huge plus and they have a Wonderful repaint policy. Some of the older models really need to be upgraded so you can use a diffrent texture on each side.
    I forget (if you mentioned it before?) but are you using Photoshop or PSP? I don't know PSP but in the current Photoshop you can significantly alter the perspective of a font, even by individual characters.

SLI's paint policy is fine BUT it's there to get folk to buy the original sets. I for one wouldn't buy a set for one boxcar?

Not all freeware models only have a single side ace? ....and BTW just as in real life you can only see one side of a surface at a time! LOL!

If Pete can produce a WP font that's obviously the BEST solution. I had a very quick fiddle with Photoshop and modifying Arial. It's rough but with a bit more patience?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    UK

BTW just found this..... https://rapidotrains.com/products/ac...nt#prettyPhoto[field_image]/7/

A bit of manipulation in PS might work if you copied the font and used it as a decal? How they livery most commercial vehicles nowadays!
    Geoff
    UK

.......what the font they used to make the HUGE WP that went on the side.
    Try "Sackers Gothic Heavy"

Haven't found it free yet....
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Try "Sackers Gothic Heavy"

Haven't found it free yet....
    Have now!

https://www.dafontfree.net/freefonts...-at-f56588.htm

Also search Sackers Gothic Std-Heavy for a slightly bolder version.
    Geoff
    UK

I have PsP which is great for painting cause I am used to it but I see it becoming more like Photoshop. The newest version almost looks like a clone. Thank you for heads up on the font. Will try to find the bold version I know Pete is making us a WP font THANK YOU PETE! For all the rail fonts I have I find Petes fonts are way better.

I was thinking along the lines of this:
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

I have PsP which is great for painting cause I am used to it but I see it becoming more like Photoshop. The newest version almost looks like a clone. Thank you for heads up on the font. Will try to find the bold version I know Pete is making us a WP font THANK YOU PETE! For all the rail fonts I have I find Petes fonts are way better.
    I think you'll find the Gothic Std-Heavy bold enough if you're trying to copy the photo of the box car the thread stared with? Don't forget you can always thicken up the large WP (if actually necessary) by overlaying it or filling in some "thickening" lines?
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    i was thinking along the lines of this:
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!