Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck & Logistics Simulator

Sounds as though you might enjoy the infamous "Staplerfahrer Klaus" parody forklift safety video on YouTube. I daren't link it as it's quite OTT showing the consequences of ignoring the rules but it's a good laugh.

In terms of this sim, it seems to be a little to much of the highly-rigid and scripted "push F to do next task" of the current crop of shovelware "simulators" clogging up Steam and Aerosoft's stores. I did have a good old time in Farm Simulator 2017 trying to load two pallets into my pickup truck with a fork on my tractor... this was more entertaining than any of the actual farming! So much so, in fact, that I moved on to doing the forestry almost exclusively instead, since that is all about trying to get uncooperative tree trunks onto flatbeds with cranes and such.

Funny you should say that about Farm Sim '17, I too enjoyed the forestry more than the somewhat grinding nature of servicing the fields. I never got as far as loading logs on to trains on the farms with a rail line, though.
    Vern.

The train was a completely pointless gimmick, as it was a German-style shunting loco pulling one of each type of car around an oval to industries arbitrarily not meant to be reachable by road. It didn't even fit with the NA setting of the map. I installed a mod to make it a US hood unit, and another that would allow it to be driven by AI (which meant it would accelerate to extreme speed and drive endlessly around its loop) but I never really bothered much after that. The whole map had the same plastic-fantastic feel one gets from the Bus Simulator titles or any of the aforementioned "simulators" in Aerosoft's catalogue, not like any real rural area I'd ever been to.

I did get a lot of fun out of FS2011, back when a lot of things that are now standard features were still mods. I had a beautiful lowboy trailer and an old COE truck to pull it with. I'd spend most of my time loading up two farm implements onto it and driving to a large, distant field to place them for two AI drivers to drive. At the time, I liked it more than ETS because it gave an actual purpose to truck driving.