Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck & Logistics Simulator

Default Truck & Logistics Simulator

No idea if it is any good, gets mostly positive reviews.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...ics_Simulator/

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Seems like an unbiased review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQ3jBn5IEk
    Yma O Hyd

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. It's an Early Access release and has a lot of both positive and negative reviews regarding a lot of anomolies, graphically and operationally. However, it looks very good and the ability to load your own trucks and trailers with a variety of cargo looks excellent, with forklifts and dumper trucks, I like the Container loader best, and there is talk of containerships and operating your own cranes lifting containers out of holds, that sounds right up my street, I'll keep an eye on this simulator to see how fast the developers implement changes from customer feedback.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Yes Steve sounds promising, but at the moment i will give it a miss.

As the reviewer said, it depends which way the developers take it.

Full on simulator or arcade game.

No probs on the heads up buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I gained my forklift licence in 2006, done so as part of my job in OH&S (or Work Safety, as it's now termed down here).
    The idea was that I would have a greater appreciation and understanding of the hazards involved in using a forklift.

That bloke in the video (thanks for the link, Mike ) would be disciplined for (a) not wearing a hard-hat and (b) not wearing a high-viz vest.
    In addition, the forklift is not fitted with rear-vision mirrors and the rotating beacon is defective....it should illuminate as soon as the ignition is activated.

The business owner would be slapped with a heavy fine.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You young man have lead a very sheltered life.

We used to use a forklift for changing DMU engines, on shed.

No high viz no hard hat. The fitter or fitters mate driving it, was the one who fancied doing it at the time.

No worries in regards the link Bruce.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You young man have lead a very sheltered life. .
    Not really; some of the tales I could relate about so-called "safety" in the elevator/lift industry prior to legislation and the introduction of OH&S would curl your hair.

Also bear in mind that the game is set in the modern era.....not back in your 1860's, Mike.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

1860's were good Bruce. Although i much prefer the 1960's.

In fact British Railways was a very safety orientated employer.

Just did not have all the madness and hand holding that exists today, Bruce.

Yup game is modern era, which spoils it a bit for me buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ......Just did not have all the madness and hand holding that exists today, Bruce......
    Oh, dead true, Mike.
    It never ceases to irritate the crap out of me that so many of today's young expect society to take the responsibility for their welfare and safekeeping.

The day I started work in the lift industry (Feb 1964) as an apprentice elec mechanic on repairs my safety induction consisted of being issued a pair of grey overalls followed by the words "be careful"!

Ain't that the truth Bruce.

That's all you needed buddy obviously, because you are still here.

Grey overalls make you invincible anyway. I only had blue overalls, so i was a bit more vunerable.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd