Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feather river help

Well it worked for me. I have both the AT&SF and BNSF Seligman routes in there and other trainsimulations routes. All of them actually. Sooo, yea to quote you, It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! oh yea it's not a matter of beer because beer just taste bad lol.
    sparkplug

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    Well it worked for me. I have both the AT&SF and BNSF Seligman routes in there and other trainsimulations routes. All of them actually. Sooo, yea to quote you, It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! oh yea it's not a matter of beer because beer just taste bad lol.
    Well "sparkie" I also have arrangements of directories\files that I would not recommend in the forums, there are too many complexities for the casual user to overcome...I've only been pursuing this hobby for seven years...a pittance compared to you. Learning all the files, directories and how they all relate and what functions they perform is part of the hobby ( at least to my way of thinking )...but not all forum members are looking for that type of experience. So I try to keep it basic in my explanations and urge folks to follow the instructions enclosed with the routes. Enjoy your railroad! ( stay safe and healthy )
    My Best Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

The Trainsimulations version of Xtracks calls up DDS track textures instead of ace. Yes you can always add the DDS textures for xtracks into each and every other older MSTS route's textures folders and the newer version of xtracks will display just fine when running MSTS routes IN OPEN RAILS. The problem is you end up with perpetually dueling versions of Xtracks installers every time some new MSTS freeware route installer calls up and tries to install some embedded ACE version of Xtracks again. Then your newer TS routes that don't have ACE files for the track textures break because the single shared copy of Xtracks pieces are now calling for ACE textures. Then when you buy the next TS route, it goes back to installing the DDS version of Xtracks. Most people with half a brain see that as too much bullshit to be perpetually dealing with, back and forth, back and forth. It is so much easier to keep 2 versions of xtracks contained apart from each other in two different installations and you can save all the track texture shoring up and troubleshooting when each installer craps half your combined routes. Let the MSTS routes use the old ACE version, and the newer TS routes stay slim with only DDS files. People can do whatever they want, but the preferred method is the best course with less 'dueling' for the widest audience.