Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feather river help

Default Feather river help

The track is grey and the scale roads are grey. Can someone direct me to how I might fix this? I only use open rails no MSTS. The trainsimulations routes work fine. It is just the FR route by 3dtrains that is giving me the problem. Thanks.
    sparkplug

You need to properly install Scalerail and Scaleroads. Those are available at 3D Trains site.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Make sure the textures are in the routes texture folder.
    They should be in the Scalerail folder in your Global.
    Copy/paste, you may need them for other routes.

Randy

If you using OpenRails,check under super-elevation if it's set to 1,it causes strange issues with this route,change it back to zero.

Lets see your log. Always include it.

Because of the custom nature, you shouldn't need to get the road and rail packages separately, everything should come in the download.

You cannot combine this route in the same installation as Sherman. Both routes use different generations of scalerail and scaleroads.

And unless you have the trackprofiles folder added (it wasn't included) you need to keep superelevation off. Turn it on only if you have a trackprofiles folder.

thanks guys fixed it.
    sparkplug

Care to share what you had to do to fix this?
    Might help someone out in the future.

Thanks
    Randy

Sure. Made sure I had put the scale rail files and textures in the correct folder which is in the instructions or should I say read me lol.but, you can also just grab the actrack.dds files from any trainsimulations route and it will work. If you do not install the textures from 3dtrains texture folder you will be missing the roads and tunnel textures though. Hope this helps.
    sparkplug

Default post note on this thread

If you only have openrails and no MSTS then when you install what I say might be called a legacy route after you have installed just a openrails route that is not for MSTS then you will get the gray textures. You then can do what I said in the previous post. Not sure about the tunnel textures yet on some of the routes yet still working on that.
    sparkplug

Here's a track profile for Feather River. Unzip to a folder named "TrackProfiles" in the "WP3" route directory.

TrProfile (WP3rd_SRv3).zip

Also, just repeating what others have said, NO content (MSTS or OR ) should be installed in the "TrainSimulations" folder other than the Mullan, Ruel, and other TS payware routes that come packaged with installers that install into that folder.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.