Thread: Default Route Scenery Objects

Default Default Route Scenery Objects

Hi all,

Right now my level of experteese in route building is taking existing routes and customizing them by adding scenery and track.

What I would like to do is take all the MSTS default route scenery objects and transfer them to the route that I am working on and have them available to place in the route. Including the the appropriate entries in the .ref file.

I suspect the answer will be found in the installme.bat files. I have looked at a number of these files and every one of them is different. I am at a loss to figure out how to transfer these files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fred

Route_riter has an option under the MSTS File Utils tab that copies shapes to your route.
    I've used it to copy just about everything worth copying to my master shapes and textures folder.
    I have 8473 things in my ref file. I've managed to weed out most of the default stuff that wouldn't even work for retexturing.
    It will copy the .s, .sd, .ace and make the entries in the .ref file.
    Why you would want the default stuff is beyond me but that's how it's done.
    There is a lot of really good content available in the downloads and other routes.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I found the tab you are refering to and it doesn't work. Several months ago I switched to WINDOWS10 and ever since then some functions of routeriter nolonger work.

The only reason that I mentioned default route shapes was to just to figure out how to transfer the files. I know there is a lot better scenery out there.

Fred

Hi Fred,
    If you find some functions of Route_Riter don't work in Win 10, it may be because the temporary files it creates are now in a Windows protected folder and, therefore, inaccessible. Try adding two folders named : Tempfiles and Tempfiles2 in Route_Riter's own folder.

Cheers,
    Ged