Thread: Amtrak #3 Southwest Chief, Sept. 1995

Default Amtrak #3 Southwest Chief, Sept. 1995

It's September 1995, about two weeks before the merger of BN and ATSF. "Take Amtrak Train #3 from Chicago's Union Station across Chillicothe Sub to Ft. Madison, IA. There is a lot of traffic on the Chillicothe Sub tonight. There is a Metra Commuter train departing 2 minutes before your scheduled departure, so be aware. While the traffic should not hinder your progress across the sub tonight because its double main line across the sub, there is a track gang working near the station in Chillicothe on the South Main track (typically the Eastbound main). This is causing a single track area for 3 miles basically centered on the station at Chillicothe. If you can maintain schedule on the #3 you will only have to wait for one or two Eastbounds to clear before proceeding. (If you are near on time, a call to the dispatcher may let you slip in between the first and second train, if not you will probably have to wait for the first two to clear before getting a green). The weather should be clear on this Autumn night as you take the Southwest Chief across the Chillicothe"

Coming soon.

Amtrak115

I'm currently validating all consists within the activity. Ninety-Nine percent are all freeware, the only exception is the player train which is a modified version of SLI's SW Chief. I plan to add an alternative freeware version to the consist lists. Included with this activity is a second activity which if you have TSRE5, you can use to basically look at any of the traffic AI trains in the activity as an independent activity. Since their are 13 AI trains in the basic activity, you could possible run upwards of 13 different trains as part of this activity. Now each AI train doesn't go completely across the Chillicothe Sub, however they all have a basic start and end point. Ex. You could take the inter modal train (Q-LAWS-1) from the Willow Springs intermodal yard to Corwith yard.

The attached short clip is the Modified SLI SW Chief Consist that is currently the player consist in this activity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxMRcuYYgY

Activity has been submitted to Library. Hopefully it will be available soon. Working on second segment now.

I'm in the process of downloading some of the content for your activity. The only one so far that I can't find that you had in the readme is ATSF696.Zip

It is a Dash 9, so I would just substitute it out with another Dash 9.

My bad...there's a typo....it should read ATSF686.zip.....The directory with the download is atsf686, however the loco is numbered 696.
    Last edited by amtrak115; 08-28-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak115 View Post
    My bad...there's a typo....it should read ATSF686.zip.....The directory with the download is atsf686, however the loco is numbered 696.
    Thanks