Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redefined Episode 5: Acceleration in style (Acela Repaints)

Default Redefined Episode 5: Acceleration in style (Acela Repaints)

I want to release these, but Adam (dyvach) isn't around anymore. Tried contacting him with the email he left, but haven't heard back all summer. Anyone know what e-mail he's using now?

AMTK15160.jpg
    AMTK15161.jpg
    AMTK15162.jpg
    AMTK15166.jpg
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.V. View Post
    I want to release these, but Adam (dyvach) isn't around anymore. Tried contacting him with the email he left, but haven't heard back all summer. Anyone know what e-mail he's using now?

AMTK15160.jpg
    AMTK15161.jpg
    AMTK15162.jpg
    AMTK15166.jpg
    The only restriction in Adam's original Read Me is that they cannot be used for commercial purposes. The coaches have already been redone with a read me that has another persons (?) e-mail. They're obviously a rework of the original.

Common sense suggests that an acknowledgement of Adam's original and the inclusion of his original Read me would be the way to go?

I shouldn't think anyone on the planet still has the same e-mail they had in 2002 because most ISPs have long since closed or merged. Can't even remember what mine was back then.

BTW download the scale rail extended "display base" and can I suggest that your efforts will look better without the "grass and sky" against a grey background? Also a FOV of 29 degrees gives a human eye perspective. Can't really see your efforts very well in those wide angled shots ...oh and the coach side shot would be better in the light rather than the shade?

I guess it's because Amtraks Electric routes only pass through a few States that there seems so little interest here? There are still a lot of Amtrak Electrics that have never had updated models and although we've got some routes for them the MP54's could use a newer model and there's still no Metroliner!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

You're saying I'm good to go as long as I credit him (or whoever the original creator is)? Also, I have more shots in shape viewer. Those four are just what I wanted to show for now.

You're saying I'm good to go as long as I credit him (or whoever the original creator is)? Also, I have more shots in shape viewer. Those four are just what I wanted to show for now.
    That's down to whoever runs the library but I can't see any reason they can't be reskinned in what he said in his original upload?

Would be good to see some decent shape viewer shots as I outlined above. The display base sky and grass were part of the original Shape Viewer but they do nothing for anyone's work. It does however enable you to do all sorts of more useful stuff. An 18% grey background shows the models contrast ratio (shadows and highlights) to their best, the lighting sliders allow you to adjust lighting to show off the best features of the model, the FOV slider gives true perspective and the extended rail base is like comparing default MSTS with 2020 MSTS?

Can't really see what it is you've done in the shots posted initially?
    Geoff
    UK

Sounds reassuring. I'll give it a go. Also, I'll try your shape viewer tips in the future.

Originally planned description of project:
    With the original Acela set to retire not too long from now, I thought it would be best to go out with a more touched up version in the MSTS world.

Key features:
    • Up-to-date paint jobs (more accurate)
    • New car: Quiet business class car
    • Refreshed business and 1st class seats from 2018
    • Amtrak logo instead of red Helvetica text

Sounds reassuring. I'll give it a go. Also, I'll try your shape viewer tips in the future.

Originally planned description of project:
    With the original Acela set to retire not too long from now, I thought it would be best to go out with a more touched up version in the MSTS world.

Key features:
    • Up-to-date paint jobs (more accurate)
    • New car: Quiet business class car
    • Refreshed business and 1st class seats from 2018
    • Amtrak logo instead of red Helvetica text

???? click on the Lighting tab and use the sliders to illuminate the model. (time of day slider will make a big difference)

Use the mouse left button to rotate the model and mouse/left button + Ctrl to reposition in shape viewer

They look good but hard to see something in the shadows!!!!!
    Geoff
    UK

Sorry. Failed to mention those shots were made months ago. Here's newly made ones that are closer with the lighting changed.

Quiet Car:

1st class:

Insideacelacar interior. I'm gonna change the filter shade on the seat to try and make it match.

Looking forward to this! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Looking forward to this! Thank you!
    Indeed I'll second that. Nice job.

BTW looking at photos of the Acela sets did some have dark blue lower body panels beneath the red stripe? ...or was that a different Acela livery?
    Geoff
    UK