Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bew/Jeff A's: FMC Lower Handrail F/A Link?

Question Bew/Jeff A's: FMC Lower Handrail F/A Link?

A few yrs. ago, Jeff A Uploaded ( along w/ others who put time+effort to upload even more repaints into The TS F/L ) FMC, CR H(?), & Gund. Type Covered Hoppers. Well, they've all got one thing in question, missing lower handrails. If I remember correctly, there were F/A .S to correct this in blank/gray colors to fit to each Model's .S to add the handrails. I've searched The F/L ( did I look correctly though ?) & found nothing. Was it on here only, & if so, please post the link? And Thanks.

What did you search? Also a picture showing what's missing might help?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I looked around my files cache and didn't see anything like that. Yes, the FMC/Gunderson shape by Auberpine does "feature" that missing bottom stirrup. I did find an FA for the bottom stirrups for the 2 bay acf kuju replacement car that was reworked by Erick Cantu. Could this FA have been stretched and shape shifted slightly to fit the Auberpine car too? This FA also has the end-of-car rider gangplank that the Auberpine car was missing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    I looked around my files cache and didn't see anything like that. Yes, the FMC/Gunderson shape by Auberpine does "feature" that missing bottom stirrup. I did find an FA for the bottom stirrups for the 2 bay acf kuju replacement car that was reworked by Erick Cantu. Could this FA have been stretched and shape shifted slightly to fit the Auberpine car too? This FA also has the end-of-car rider gangplank that the Auberpine car was missing, too.
    Yes that's the only FA I could think of for Hoppers too. Not a handrail and only for the 2 bays as I recall?
    Geoff
    UK

Ok, will look for what's listed for the help & try it, but On The FMC+Gunderson Cars, the lower I guess ( not sure on name then ? ), footplates are missing? I re-call I'd had "blanks" I'd repaint according to each cars needed color of paint & apply it to them ( including those CRish close-enough as it said, covered hopper .s too ). I've searched in The F/L under Misc., FMC, & Jeff A ( can't remember how to spell his last name ). Here's a pic. of one btw, which I'm talking about's those lower areas just above the wheels on each end+side. Pic:
    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=4593958
    Last edited by marklester01; 08-05-2020 at 06:44 PM.

I think the file you're looking for is "FMC_Steps.zip". It was uploaded at Mophouse.

Here's the text from the Readme:

Freight Animation object for Bernard & Jeff's FMC Grain Hoppers.
    Original FMC Grain hopper shape created by Bernard & Jeff.
    Freight Animation shape created by Byron Ashlock.

This is a generic colored step F/A for all FMC grain packs. Its easily repainted for any color car, if you like.

When adding this F/A to any of the FMC packs, you need to copy all 3 files (freightanim.sd, freightanim.s, and steptex.ace) to the folder.

Then you will need to edit (all wag files) both LD(load) and MT(empty) wag files for them to show on both loaded and empty versions of the cars.

Example..........

Wagon ( BN452502_LD
    Type ( Freight )
    WagonShape ( BN452502.s )
    Name ("FMC Hopper BN452502 LD")

ADD

Wagon ( BN452502_LD
    Type ( Freight )
    WagonShape ( BN452502.s )
    FreightAnim ( freightanim.s 1 1 )
    Name ("FMC Hopper BN452502 LD")

Just remember you need to add the F/A line to both LD and MT wag files.

Some Legal.
    1. This file did not blow up or harm my computer, so if it messes up your MSTS or your computer I DO NOT take responsibility.
    2. This file is FREEWARE, so please keep it as that.
    3. Can be repainted for any color FMC car as you like, contact Me (bktrains) or Byron (trainman6944) if you wish to release this F/A somewhere OTHER than the Mophouse/MLTD.
    4. Have fun.

Tested by bktrains (Barry).

Yes, that's it! I just hope it gets uploaded here on the Ts F/L.

Quote Originally Posted by marklester01 View Post
    A two bay version is already in "monon_cem_hopper.zip"

Many models of 3 bay or larger already have this feature so why not use a model that already has it?
    Geoff
    UK

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by marklester01 View Post
    Mophouse is gone and bktrains hasn't posted here since 2011. Hopefully he's still OK but many folk drop out of a hobby? The readme labels it freeware and it is purely an add-on for other folks models so I can't see why anyone would object to it being uploaded?

Maybe someone can make another FA if the original isn't available? I would have thought that with suitable editing the 2 bay version could be modified to longer cars of the same make?
    Geoff
    UK