Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Invisocar horn sound on MSTS routes thru Open Rails

Default No Invisocar horn sound on MSTS routes thru Open Rails

Hi guys. A little help please. I enjoyed MSTS about 15 years ago and now I'm rediscovering it thru Open Rails as MSTS won't play on its own on my pc. I've downloaded Invisocar for the Ai horn sounds but no joy. Ai engines remain silent except for engine noise when driving MSTS routes via Open Rails. Do I need to change the path of any of the Invisocar files as I'm not playing MSTS "direct" as it were. Oh and am I right in thinking Open Rails routes come complete with built in Ai horn sounds? Cheers.

AI horns are controlled in the activities file, as are many other OR features -- weather, messages stopping/not stopping act -- check the manual. AFAIK invisiocar-eng files are not supported by OR.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    AI horns are controlled in the activities file, as are many other OR features -- weather, messages stopping/not stopping act -- check the manual. AFAIK invisiocar-eng files are not supported by OR.
    Gerry,
    Better look at what is in Invisocar.zip! I agree with your statement that OR does not support invisiocar-eng files because there are no ENG files in the invisiocar.zip

They are WAG files. But they are just like other WAG files with Sound lines. The difference is in the SMS files that the Sound lines call to be used. So the first question is does ORTS recognize and execute Sound lines in WAG files in AI consists?
    Then the next question is does ORTS recognize and execute "Distance_Dec_Past" triggers in SMS files?
    Charles

Dear gentlemen,

Just now, I´m doing activities on PRR Eastern Division (V1) in OR, all the rolling stock was downloaded from this site with the exception on some RF-16, and all works fine.
    The AI trains running in the opposite direction sounds their horns, ans whistles in the case of the decapod and K-4.

Greetings!

Charles, I was posting from my experience with the fictional Cascades & Northwestern invisiocar rolling stock that does have an "invisibleengineslow.eng" also the standard invisiocars and "Invisocar_Dash9.wag" --also mp15ac, sd402, etc in invisiocar.wag format.

Your point about OR supporting and executing the proper sound triggers is to the point...I don't know about that. Still, AI horns can be enabled in the activity files as per the manual.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Invisicars are pretty much obsolete in Open Rails, as there are other ways for AIs to perform various tasks

AI's blowing for a road crossing hidden around the curve, seen from trackside. Note the whistle post on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7o8Vcx0NMs

Same meet, from inside the cab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkU8ixweDSA

Thanks for your input guys. I think the main thing I'm trying to get my head around is WHAT changes I may make in MSTS which then "carry thru" when I run that game via Open Rails. For example if I place an Invisiocar in a Marias Pass AI consist in MSTS, will it give horn sound when I run that route thru the Open Rails portal.

If in the Invisocar .sms file the horn blow is inside the ScalabiltyGroup (0) block, that horn won't blow in OR, as OR does not use ScalabiltyGroup(0).

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    If in the Invisocar .sms file the horn blow is inside the ScalabiltyGroup (0) block, that horn won't blow in OR, as OR does not use ScalabiltyGroup(0).
    Yes unfortunately that IS the case. Thanks for the heads up. On the plus side, I was so impressed with what I saw in Geepster 775's video that I've purchased the route.

Hi,
    Looking at a sample of the .sms files included in that download (invscar2.zip) they all seem to use only ScalabiltyGroup( 0 Change the '0' (zero) to 1, 3 or 5 and the sounds should be heard.

Cheers,
    Ged