Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repaint Error Found

Perhaps if you read what folks are telling you instead of "thinking" you always have the answer, you might be closer to having the real reason it's not working. The answer is in this thread, look for it.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    Tgatool has Export as Ace ( Alpha ) or Ace ( no Alpha ) Ace -Trans ) and Ace (dxt1). None of these options can be combined from the export menu. There are also 2 versions of the program. TGATool2 uses Ffedit for the conversion and TGATool2a uses Aceit instead. If FFedit or Aceit cannot be located by TGATool it will fail on conversion.
    Alright, I'll check it out and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    It sounds like tga tool is unable to make FFedit work (I think it's FFedit - the thing that powers the making of the .aces). The simplest solution is probably to reinstall it.

By the way, my favorite tool is "make ace" because it adds a right click menu item to click on a file and when you choose "open with ... make ace" it just transforms it to a compressed .ace file without even having to load the tga program. Try downloading that one. If it or tga tools doesn't work, you've got a problem in the MSTS folders, most likely permissions.

Christopher
    Yeah but it gets rid of the alpha channel which I have to use TGA to add back in.

Open the .ace file with TGAtool2a and under the file tab use "save as" to create a .tga of the ace. It will include the alpha channel as blank space, you can tell by the gray/white checkerboard pattern.
    When you're done editing use AceIt, the program not the right click option. That will give you the options for alphas.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Open the .ace file with TGAtool2a and under the file tab use "save as" to create a .tga of the ace. It will include the alpha channel as blank space, you can tell by the gray/white checkerboard pattern.
    When you're done editing use AceIt, the program not the right click option. That will give you the options for alphas.

Randy
    Holy heck! I'll try that!

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post

Randy
    Well speak of the devil, it worked! I think we're done with the problem. If somebody wants to contact the mods to pin this thread, then that'd be great so newcomers who are having trouble can find this and get help instantly.