Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repaint Error Found

Default Repaint Error Found

Hi Everybody.

I am trying to reskin SLI's ATSF SD40-2.
    When I save my changes, and try to convert to .ace by saving with the *export as Ace (Alpha not dxt), the file doesn't reflect the changes.
    When I try saving to another folder, the ace file doesn't generate, so the file was never overwritten in the first place.
    I know why the problem is happening, but I can't find a way to fix it.
    The files are NOT read-only and there is nothing wrong with my system or TGA or anything else (reinstalling even from scratch didn't work).

If anybody has a solution to this, I'd like to know because I'm trying to run a MSTS Talking Train Series.

Dan
    Last edited by dedwa15237; 08-09-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: First 2 lines, Not related...

Where do you have your trains installed?

Randy

It is in D:/Games/Microsoft/MSTS/Train Simulator

There are NO administrative privileges required to change anything there.
    I tried this in both here and on my other laptop in the program files folder with UAC both on and off so UAC is NOT the cause.

When people seek redress from ghosts, just so they can have repaints to crash, it usually is a sign of operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    When people seek redress from ghosts, just so they can have repaints to crash, it usually is a sign of operator error.
    Read my lips: I, USASpiritlineTrains, do solemnly swear that having repaints to derail is not my sole intention so help me Nels Anderson.

With that all said and done.....

I am not looking for repaints to crash. I just want to reskin and renumber some models for the heck of it, so how did I fix the problem of TGA Tool 2 not generating the .ace files?

Quote Originally Posted by USASpiritlineTrains View Post
    I am not looking for repaints to crash. I just want to reskin and renumber some models for the heck of it, so how did I fix the problem of TGA Tool 2 not generating the .ace files?
    Have you checked that the folders and files are not set to "Read Only"? Right click, Properties, check that Read Only box is NOT selected, click Apply, Click Apply to all files and sub folders, click OK.

Otherwise..... well do let us know?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Have you checked that the folders and files are not set to "Read Only"? Right click, Properties, check that Read Only box is NOT selected, click Apply, Click Apply to all files and sub folders, click OK.

Otherwise..... well do let us know?
    I checked that they are NOT set to read only and they are not read only. I tried with all manners of settings but it still didn't work.

Hi,
    May I suggest that, if you really do have an Export entry shown as *export as Ace (Alpha not dxt)", that you're not running TGATool2 or TGATool2A?

Is TGATool properly installed, ie not copied from somewhere else? Several .dll files need to be registered for it to operate correctly.

Cheers,
    Ged

It sounds like tga tool is unable to make FFedit work (I think it's FFedit - the thing that powers the making of the .aces). The simplest solution is probably to reinstall it.

By the way, my favorite tool is "make ace" because it adds a right click menu item to click on a file and when you choose "open with ... make ace" it just transforms it to a compressed .ace file without even having to load the tga program. Try downloading that one. If it or tga tools doesn't work, you've got a problem in the MSTS folders, most likely permissions.

Christopher

Tgatool has Export as Ace ( Alpha ) or Ace ( no Alpha ) Ace -Trans ) and Ace (dxt1). None of these options can be combined from the export menu. There are also 2 versions of the program. TGATool2 uses Ffedit for the conversion and TGATool2a uses Aceit instead. If FFedit or Aceit cannot be located by TGATool it will fail on conversion.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.