Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICG SD40s, Regular and Super-Size!

tyler is there going to be a version for the B&O C&O by chance or will one of these versions work for those?

These look great Tyler! Thanks for all the work you're doing, it's all top notch stuff.
    -Mike

Thanks Tyler,nice sets.

Thanks again! I made up some blank layered templates today for GIMP 2.8 so the locomotives can be repainted using those. Just send me an email (in the Readme) for the Dropbox links. Blank .ace files take more effort because of all of the minute details between each of the shapes (different horns, etc.). It's much easier to share the texture templates, plus the repainters get to use the weathering layers I made if they want to. I should make up some ditchlights for you modern folks as well.

I intend to make up some additional roadnames for the SD40s as I find time. B&O/C&O is one that I thought of, and it would go nicely with CNJ. I'm sure PRR/PC/Conrail will be one, as well as L&N. I'll probably move on to update the SD38/SD39 too.
    I'll also eventually finish and release the 1990s and 2000s versions of the IC units as well. The 2000s version requires me to rebuild the control stand for the 3D cab, so it will take a bit more effort. That 3D cab took about as much time to build as the locomotive shapes themselves.

I'm a bit impulsive with modeling, so here's a preview of my next project:
    IC GP40 3074 by sunnhead60, on Flickr
    I'll eventually do both versions of the IC GP40s. They had 75 of them.

Now all I need is a trainload of motivation and focus!

Tyler

THANK you sooooooooooooooooooo much! I am so happy to hear you will update the SD38 /SD39 units can I ask what is diffrent on the SD35 and would it just be editing the eng file down to the correct settings? Again thank you for including some other road names as well.

I'm not much of a IC ICG fan as i know very little ( don't hurt me) about them. BUT these are beautiful and fill in the GMO set that is no longer available.

The SD35 is much different than the SD38/39/40. The SD35 is much shorter, like a kid with too-big shoes on. It would be possible to edit the shape down to an SD35, but that will likely be a distant-future project. It involves much more effort than what is needed to convert an SD40 to an SD38/39. I'm still hoping to do a Paducah SD20 at some point, and the last 4 SD20s were ex-B&O SD35s, so that frame will be made some day.

Tyler

I suspect that a version of the SD40a cab view could go down very well with SP people, given that they had many units with the 'L' shaped windscreen.
    onen hag oll!

Quote Originally Posted by Keystoneaholic View Post
    I suspect that a version of the SD40a cab view could go down very well with SP people, given that they had many units with the 'L' shaped windscreen.
    Frisco too.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK