Thread: TGATool2a+AceIt Problem

Question TGATool2a+AceIt Problem

I'm trying to re-write a new .ACe File over the old one. It's only a basic "test" repaint on one model to another ( seems very simular ). Yeah, am using W10 64-Bit System. My problem w/ both? When I go to update the .ACe File, it reads, "Unable to create Direct3D Device". Would using a diff. program do the trick, & if so, which/what/ Thanks in-advance.

Later self info. gathered later, yes lastest Directx latest install , & all's enabled.
    Last edited by marklester01; 08-16-2020 at 09:43 PM.

DELETED! No need to actually reply. Turns out, all's up to date. Problem is/was, apparently my W10 System ( even using Run-As Admin. Mode ) didn't like AceIt, & wouldn't let it do its thing ( make new Alphaed .ACe files ) through TGATOOL2A. So, I'd gone over to the Author's Site, & DLed a version there, & tried it.It worked! Diff.? My System apparently likes MakeAce instead,lol! Plus ( get this ), it's stated those needed .DLL Files are pre-installed.

I ran into a similar problem after reloading my Win7 machine. AceIt worked fine on the old W7 load, but after the reload I got the "Unable to create Direct3D object" error. After some searching here I found a number of folks mentioned that it's looking for an old version of DirectX (8), which includes the dx8db.dll file in the System32 folder. I tried moving a copy into that folder, but it didn't help.

Then I remembered sometimes having to register .dll files in order for them to work. A little more research in Google led to directions on how to register the dll file. After registering, AceIt now works fine. I hadn't tried using TGATool2A prior to the problem, but from what I've read here it probably didn't work either. It does now, however.
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

From what I understand, it depends on where you install TGAtool2A and AceIt.