Thread: Looking For A Specific IC/CN Freeware Route

Default Looking For A Specific IC/CN Freeware Route

I'm trying to find a specific route made for IC/CN I think it's based in MO or MS mainly & is Freeware. It was @ 1st. in Beta Form, but was recently updated fully. I just don't see it, or remember the name of the Route, could someone please tell me the name ( maybe I missed it, for I looked through quite a bit of sections/pgs. in The F/L )? And Thanks.

The Meridian Speedway route is in Mississippi. It should be here (?) in the file library. Sold to Midsouth in the 80's, then KCS.

The IC Route in the file library is from almost 20 years ago. It's pretty bare of scenery and the track work is a bit rough. Includes the Charter Line (Clinton District) from Pana, IL to Clinton, IL, as well as a line from Decatur to Mattoon, IL that has no scenery. Also includes the Main Line down around Cobden, IL. The two lines do not connect.

There is a route called GMO/IC/CN that is no longer available due to containing payware. It runs from Effingham, IL to Centralia, IL. Has nothing to do with the GM&O. This might be the one you are referring to.

As for ICG, there are GM&O routes as well.

The GM&O Springfield Switch route. I think this one was at Mophouse, which is no longer in operation. Stunningly detailed route for its time, now it looks a bit dated. Trackwork is very good.

The GM&O Northern Lines is here in the file library. It is Chicago-St.Louis and I think out to Moberly, MO or Kansas City. WAY too big of a route. Seems as though it's only about 25% finished. Main track seems to be complete, many sidings have not been laid past the switch. Dozens of miles without scenery in spots.

I'm not sure these fit your description, but they are the only ICG routes that I'm aware of. Feel free to chime in if I've forgotten something!

Tyler

Thank you for your kind reply Sir! Am aware of that KCS Route. Guess I'll keep searching The F/L & come up w/ a name.

According to a recent pic. on The Screenshot Section of MSTS, it's sadly no longer avail., & it just came out not long ago, sad. Also, forgot to say it required ScaleRail.

Perhaps the OP could give the fictional LaSalle, Rockford & Central a try? Lots of folks use that for an IC stand-in.
    Last edited by trs666; 08-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks again for your help, but I did just PM you on here, b/c I've noticed you've got recent pics. of the route.,lol.

Was answered. Route was pulled due to PayWare .S found in it.

More specifically, it was nearly ALL payware. 3Dtrains Feather River route. I attempted to remove the payware from that route to see if it could be made available again. All that was left was track and trees! Additionally, the other significant issue with that route is that it's flat as a pancake. No gradient or elevation changes. I know Illinois is flatter than Kansas, but it's not THAT flat!

Like trs666 said, try the LaSalle Rockford & Central for a good IC route stand-in, as well as the MONON v17 route. I use those two for most of my screenshots.

Tyler

Right, I currently have LSR&C. I was just trying to remember the name of that one route ( which I now know's gone due to Payware .S being found+other things ), I'd said that name ( IC/CN beings which route+its name to refer to for extra help, but I now got that help in the way, it's gone,lol ). As said before thanks!