Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metra releases CNW Heritage Unit

Default Metra releases CNW Heritage Unit

This is one of the former Amtrak F59PHI's. Looks much better than what UP did for their CNW unit...

118001493_1930969077040126_4061061401401403288_o.jpg

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds me of a futuristic prototype picture...something I would have been fascinated with as a kid.
    Nice nod from Metra. Not to knock the F59, but nothing wears it better then the F's & E's

Is that up at the museum?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

The F59PHI really wears it well, and Metra seems to be getting better at these heritage units.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Is that up at the museum?
    LOL, no, its at KYD. But yeah, that could be confused for the IRM pretty easily...

I'd still like to see it show up on a F40PH, but will be more than happy to see that going thru my neck of the woods once it's out and about. Would look even better if they get it with the Deerpath private club car.

LOL, no, its at KYD. But yeah, that could be confused for the IRM pretty easily...

I'd still like to see it show up on a F40PH, but will be more than happy to see that going thru my neck of the woods once it's out and about. Would look even better if they get it with the Deerpath private club car.
    to be honest from the first glance I thought it was a model and not the real deal=)

Rumor has it that the CNW unit will make its public debut tomorrow on the UP-NW, leaving 1000 for Crystal Lake on a non-revenue run.

That looks very well thought out. They have gone for the older yellow, avoiding 'zito', and that is good.

Now if they could have found room for a 'crossing' bell somewhere on the nose.......

(I'll get my coat......)
    onen hag oll!

Nice capture! Your own work?

Does Metra have a policy similar to GO Transit in Toronto, in that locos are always facing in a specific direction of travel? (GO has them always pointing east through Union Station)

Wow, I just drove home from my bowling league along the line from Arlington Heights to Palatine, and I was wondering if the unit was already pulling revenue. Damn! Missed it by a 1/2 day
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.