Thread: converting texture to alpha layer in the shape file.

Default converting texture to alpha layer in the shape file.

I'm working with a shape file that has no textures with an alpha layer, all are SolidNorm. I want to alpha out a part, so I've introduced a texture that is a solid alpha texture, 8 pixels by 8 pixels. Shape Viewer gives me a "Subscript out of range error. What could I be doing wrong?

I've been changing the prim state from the first prim state format below to the second.

prim_state Manhole_SolidNorm ( 00000000 0
    tex_idxs ( 1 6 ) 0 41 0 0 1
    )
    prim_state PlatformRailings_TransNorm ( 00000000 1
    tex_idxs ( 1 17 ) 0 42 1 0 1

I see nothing wrong there. I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem with the added alpha texture. changing the tex_idxs to a previously existing texture still breaks.

Is there something else I need to change since the file does not include any earlier references to alpha layer files?

thanks
    Christopher

I'm not an expert on these matters, but here is one thing to try:

While editing the shape, at the very top there is a section called "shader_names". Within this section, is there a shader labeled BlendATexDiff? Try to replace the shader with this BlendATexDiff and see what happens. I seem to remember doing this when changing the prim_states on the SLI locomotive repaints.

Tyler

Not sure if this link works as I hoped, but you want to check out Burgerberns reply #9. I think you need to make sure if you introduce a new mode like alpha that youve updated the shader names section of the s file.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...35#post1598735