Thread: Station / Industry Siding Names

Default Station / Industry Siding Names

Hey, just a question about the Station/Siding Names NOT appearing unless they are part of the Activity.
    Early on in Open Rails it was nice to be able to see ALL the station names as well as the Siding Names when it came to referencing a location in TSRE5. Lately with the latest versions, they do not show up unless they are part of the Running Activity!

How can we, meaning me (lol) get ALL the siding and station names to show up reguardless of which activity I am running?

Thank you in advance.

Don you're seeing the "Automatic" names that are associated with activities, to eliminate confusion with all the station & siding names that are irrelevant to the activity. Keep cycling through the F6 key (shift+F6 ) to bring up all the name possiblities.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

OK, so I repeatedly press shift+F6 and I will see the other names come up? Great!

Thank you for that.

This thread points out an inadequacy of the Manual. The fact that the Platform (Station) and Sidings display shows differently in an Activity is not covered in the Manual.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    OK, so I repeatedly press shift+F6 and I will see the other names come up? Great!

Thank you for that.
    Hold down Shift Key and repeatedly press the F6 key will cycle through all the siding and station name possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    This thread points out an inadequacy of the Manual. The fact that the Platform (Station) and Sidings display shows differently in an Activity is not covered in the Manual.
    Yes it does. There are several threads over at ET that acknowledge this and are asking for volunteers to keep the manual up to date. I thought of volunteering but upon seeing how much I would have to learn -- about the process and associated programs and web sites -- I thought better of it. It is beyond my abilities at this point. I think the process is a good one...necessary for this type of project, and a better maintained manual would be of great benefit to all, however, qualified volunteers or volunteers willing to put in the time and effort to gain the qualifications are hard to come by.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Indeed, it's not an ideal situation... but if it's any consolation, we are now requiring any future changes to be accompanied by manual updates.

Quote Originally Posted by rman View Post
    Indeed, it's not an ideal situation... but if it's any consolation, we are now requiring any future changes to be accompanied by manual updates.
    That's a good step forward, downside...to me...it puts more work on the shoulders of people, like yourself, who are doing the work of bug fixes and changes...more than likely their involvement was about contributing coding expertise and not manual writing expertise. Thanks Ryan, for volunteering and your work in making the sim better...much appreciated.
    Cheers, Gerry