Thread: Siskiyou Route — New Release

Default Siskiyou Route — New Release

Just released... version 20200828. Hundreds of changes have been made that are to both the Route and many of the support items like wagons, consists, engines, etc., etc.. Only available at http://www.siskurail.org

Stay safe... and stay healthy...

SUNDAY, Aug 30... Website is down!... I am on the phone with GoDaddy trying yo find out what the problem is... Sorry :-(
    Last edited by dmrick; 08-30-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    "FREE is a very good price!"

GoDaddy never answered, however, the website is up and running... Yea!
    "FREE is a very good price!"

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi Dale

thanks for your ongoing support of Siskiyou, we appreciate your efforts and
    love the Route.

Regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Dale, as it had been a while since I visited your site, I went in and was looking around, particularly at the images of the available rollingstock. Very impressed, especially with the centerbeam cars and the new loads that are shown. Very nice work - thanks!

I believe I should inform everyone the Siskiyou route may be on hold again. I spoke to Dale yesterday morning and his news was not good.
    He said the fires were about 60 miles NE of his home and had managed to cut off his power, phone service and internet. He can only use his cellphone if he gets in his car and drives to Cottage Grove. He is still in his home living off a generator for power. I know he has already had one devastating fire so I'm praying he doesn't have to go through another.

AJ

Sending best wishes.

Best wishes Dale,and everyone in the path of these fires,I pray for rain over your way,stay safe!!!
    Frisco Forever!!

Dale,

You have already had your share of misery. You'll be alright this time. Best wishes.

Fred

Just heard from Dale:

Howdy,

Just letting everyone know that we are doing okay and are still healthy.

The fires are north and south of us. I grew up 30 miles north of where we are and there is a level 3... "Get out now" alert for an area 4 miles from our old house. (Mohawk, Oregon).

We went for a drive 2 days ago just to get away from listening to our 12kw generator... Headed south and smoke and fire turned us back north at Rice Hill (on the Siskiyou Route)... Went to Drain (also on the route)... headed west towards beach... also had to turn around... only direction we could go was back home... :-)

Still very smoky here. Winds should start sending the smoke East by Monday. We kill the generator around 10 pm and start it around 8 am. Keeps the refrig and freezer cold... and it heats 2 rooms along with appliances, lights, etc..

We still do not have power to the house BUT THE INTERNET CAME ON A FEW MINUTES AGO (over the phone line). Lane Electric says power will be turned back on later today... Happy Days! are just around the corner.