Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Rails Passenger View

Exclamation Open Rails Passenger View

Hi everyone.

This morning I saw something I couldn't do in Open Rails
    How to move in Passenger view? Using the Page Up and Page Down keys we can move left and right. But how to move forward or backward. I am asking this because I saw in some youtube videos that we can move like this. But I have no idea how to do this.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question
    Stay home, stay safe!

I am able to move forward and back with the rocker switch on the raildriver.

Quote Originally Posted by bprice View Post
    I don't understand..
    Stay home, stay safe!

Shift + 5 cycles through the passenger views available in the train. Far as I know you cannot move forwards AND backwards through the views using the keyboard, although I may be wrong on that.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Can someone please clarify which versions of OpenRails can use the RailDriver controller.

Well I'm using my RailDriver on OpenRails version 1.3.1.4328 but I suspect earlier versions can also use RailDriver. Hope that helps.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Well I'm using my RailDriver on OpenRails version 1.3.1.4328 but I suspect earlier versions can also use RailDriver. Hope that helps.
    Is at available in "Stable", "Testing" and "Unstable", or is it only available in "NewYear_MG"?

My version is the stable version and has been glitch-free since I d'loaded it a few months ago.. More info on their website.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

On the lower panel of the raildriver there are 2 blue switches. One is a 4-way (Up, down, right, left.) The other is a two-way rocker switch witch controls camera movement forward or back. For example, if you are in the 2 view outside view of the locomotive the 4-way switch allows you to pan the camera right or left or up and down. The two-way will move you closer or further away.

I have found this works in the inside view as well.

Basil

On the lower panel of the raildriver there are 2 blue switches. One is a 4-way (Up, down, right, left.) The other is a two-way rocker switch witch controls camera movement forward or back. For example, if you are in the 2 view outside view of the locomotive the 4-way switch allows you to pan the camera right or left or up and down. The two-way will move you closer or further away.

I have found this works in the inside view as well.

Basil
    Does the two-way actually move the viewing position or does it change the FOV? Does it move to outside the wagon? After you move then use the 4-way to pan left or right, have you actually moved or is the objects to the L-R just closer or further away.
    Charles