Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Monitor

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default New Monitor

I am going to have to buy a new monitor,(not too large,shortage of space);I have a feeling that MSTS does not like wide screen,can anyone enlighten me ? thanks.Just looking at 21.5 in.....would that be OK ?

I have a 27" 1440P monitor and MSTS/OR looks great on it. If you need a smaller monitor, 1080P will look good also as long as you stay 24" and below.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'm a newbie here. I will also buy a new monitor for me. How much did you spend for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    I am going to have to buy a new monitor,(not too large,shortage of space);I have a feeling that MSTS does not like wide screen,can anyone enlighten me ? thanks.Just looking at 21.5 in.....would that be OK ?
    I've been using a Samsung 22inch widescreen monitor (1080) for several years now and MSTS is quite happy with it, but you do need to set your graphics card driver to "keep aspect ratio" so that the screen isn't 'stretched'. Alternatively, there is a download available from this site which enables MSTS to be shown in full screen without stretching - msts-widescreen-patch.zip The same patch includes instructions for using MSTS on screens larger than 2048x2048. I do not have any experience of using this patch.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by Trent88 View Post
    I'm a newbie here. I will also buy a new monitor for me. How much did you spend for this one?
    Hi Trent,

Welcome to trainsim.
    Given the difference in location, can the price be compared?
    The 21.5 inch 1080p screens should be a good price anywhere.
    Cheers
    Derek

Google it...

they will take you to stores with prices on them.. Not too hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Trent88 View Post
    Dave Edwards

metalangel Guest

I got this on Black Friday, high refresh rate. So far it's mostly been for work, not play (I have played a few games on it just to see how it was) and I liked it just fine. I don't share the same concern about 1080p not looking good above 24".

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/14897503

Quote Originally Posted by trainmanaustin View Post
    I have a 27" 1440P monitor and MSTS/OR looks great on it. If you need a smaller monitor, 1080P will look good also as long as you stay 24" and below.
    Is this one LED Monitor?

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

[QUOTE=slipperman;1978005]I've been using a Samsung 22inch widescreen monitor (1080) for several years now and MSTS is quite happy with it, but you do need to set your graphics card driver to "keep aspect ratio" so that the screen isn't 'stretched'. Alternatively, there is a download available from this site which enables MSTS to be shown in full screen without stretching - msts-widescreen-patch.zip The same patch includes instructions for using MSTS on screens larger than 2048x2048. I do not have any experience of using this patch.

Ged

Hello Ged,I have the new monitor,looks OK,but I cannot get it to let me "maintain aspect ratio".I have an AMD Radeon graphics card and I cannot get the "image scaling to change from "scale image to full panel size" to "maintain aspect ratio".Any suggestions anyone ?

Hi Peter,
    If you're running Windows 10, I'm surprised you've actually got MSTS to work with an AMD graphics card!! However, if I remember correctly, the AMD Control Panel has a similar facility to 'maintain aspect ratio'. Of course, this is going back a few years and their drivers/Control Panel may have changed.

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to help this time

Cheers,
    Ged