Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Island Line (Isle of Wight) coming to TSW2, courtesy of Rivet Games

Default Island Line (Isle of Wight) coming to TSW2, courtesy of Rivet Games

First third party route coming... looks like Rivet Games are doing some 'route learning' with the editor that DTG doesn't entrust just anyone to use. 8.5 miles.

https://forums.rivet-games.com/forum...ht-coming-soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was going to reply with a smart a** comment then decided why bother. I'll just enjoy what I have for editors. Funny how those with editors though tend to have longevity. The argument is it takes away from cash flow, but that is what new versions are for.

Thanks

Sean

Another tiny route. Hopefully on sale for £4.99 which would be about what it's worth.

I suppose the stock could be reskinned to provide the LT 1938 trains on the Bakerloo, though academic for me as I'm not buying TSW2 at full price!
    Vern.

Others have suggested the same thing, Vern. Meanwhile, the Class 438 trains are on the cusp of being replaced by yet more of those Vivarail D-Trains, as being over 80 years old, it has become impossible to maintain them. This means that once again we have a route that is painstakingly modelling something that is about to see major changes (I still don't understand why they did GWE the way they did).

The talk of porting the stock over to the Bakerloo line also meant I discovered that the WCML tracks one sees adjacent to the Bakerloo line route in TSW2 are scenery only, not proper usable track assets - it would not be possible to set AI services to run on them even if that was doable by the end user.

I got my refund so they can keep anything to do with TSW 2.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Another tiny route. Hopefully on sale for £4.99 which would be about what it's worth.
    I wouldn't have thought so Vern, locomotive packs go for £11.99, can't see this route being cheap, and they got a mixed reception with their DB BR204 Shunter, which the German community had to knock out an updated soundpack for rather quickly.
    However, the Rivet Games website looks OK though and with forums for the German, French and Italian speakers looks as though they are catering for a wider audience. We might even see something else from Continental Europe for a change, French, Italian, Swiss, Austrian, etc, that might be interesting.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-02-2020 at 03:14 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Screenie
    Well, at least the woman isn't standing up on the roof of the station, so they've got something right.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Well, at least the woman isn't standing up on the roof of the station, so they've got something right.

Thanks, Bruce, best laugh of the day!

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Shawmut View Post
    Thanks, Bruce, best laugh of the day! ..
    My pleasure, Dave. Glad I could brighten your day a bit.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so Vern, locomotive packs go for £11.99, can't see this route being cheap, and they got a mixed reception with their DB BR204 Shunter, which the German community had to knock out an updated soundpack for rather quickly.
    However, the Rivet Games website looks OK though and with forums for the German, French and Italian speakers looks as though they are catering for a wider audience. We might even see something else from Continental Europe for a change, French, Italian, Swiss, Austrian, etc, that might be interesting.

Cheerz. Steve.
    To be fair, Rivet have done a reasonable job on their Swiss routes (apart from locking the assets so they are not easy to use in your own routes) but regardless this is too short. I still haven't bought TSW2, waiting to see if it's going cheap in the Xmas sale. At the moment far too busy with FS2020 and in the meantime I've also rediscovered SimSig - having fun with Exeter (you thought it would be easy...), Didcot to Swindon and I also bought their Aussie Moss Vale territory which is huge and I need to RTFM several times before even starting it!
    Vern.