Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Island Line (Isle of Wight) coming to TSW2, courtesy of Rivet Games

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....I also bought their Aussie Moss Vale territory which is huge and I need to RTFM several times before even starting it!
    Must be because it's on the Main Southern line, Vern......Sydney to Melbourne.
    (The town only has a population of around 7,000).
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Here's a link to the manual...

https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?p...tions:mossvale

It is really good as not only are you signalling trains in the usual manner, you have to operate ground frames for some of the shunting locations en route and obtain train orders before sending trains on to unsignalled routes. In some ways it reminds me a bit of those old SIAM North American traffic control games, or Run 8 (without being able to drive the trains). One thing I need to do is understand Australian train headcodes a bit better - some are just numbers while others are a combination of numbers and letters.
    Vern.

Good God!!!
    And you do this for FUN?!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Railway Sudoku...
    Vern.

Self immolation............
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Self immolation............
    That will be when you get two facing trains on the Unanderra single line, both too long for the passing loops!
    Vern.

Wow.....I think I'll stick to MSTS and OpenRails......
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

That will be when you get two facing trains on the Unanderra single line, both too long for the passing loops!
    Hahahahahaha, each to their own Vern. Just not for me buddy, probably haven't got enough imagination. To visualise the train operations and not just be staring at a 2D circuit board or track plan.

Speaking of the Main South, a very nice geezer from Victoria. Gave me a massive merge of all the lines which started around Picton and ran all the way south passed Albury to a junction i cannot remember name of. The route also included the VR Shepperton line from that junction up to the NSW border. Plus all the NSW branch lines north of Albury. This was all for Trainz, but when i got peed off with the game, i deleted it all.
    Yma O Hyd

Railway Sudoku...
    A good analogy, Vern

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    First third party route coming...
    ....probably the last? I hear rumours that once you've seen DTG'd next BIG ROUTE nobody will want this. If the rumours I heard (or was it imagined ) are true their release of the Hythe Pier Railway will blow all other Rail Sims clean out of the water...............
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK