Thread: SLI NS Horseshoe Curve Trainsets

Question SLI NS Horseshoe Curve Trainsets

Greetings,

Is there any place to legally acquire the Horseshoe Curve trainsets anymore? I'm trying to track down their NS Dash 9 shape file and I'm having no luck finding a legal source for it. It would really suck if its just gone forever and never to be seen again. Any help is appreciated!

Maybe if you're good @ .S Modding ( say like in ShapeFileManager /SFM or simular program ), you can actually use The .ACE/Textures to another model of the samelike hood . Once those other SLI Models were put up as Freeware, for whatever reason sadly HorseCurve for The NS, wasn't included.

There's a shape with the same .ace configuration in the Danny Beck freeware. The BNSF C44-9 1033.
    According to the Guide to North American Diesel Locomotives NS C40-9s were identical to the C44-9 but with engines downrated to 4000hp to save fuel and engine wear. These were uprated to 4400hp starting in 2013.

Out of interest what skin are you trying to use?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Well gave it a try and there are two problems. There's one very small .ace file you'll need to change from BNSF colours and the nose lights are in the wrong place. NS favoured twin horizontal lights above the windscreen and other roads twin vertical lights on the nose. The .ace is easily recoloured but you'll need a freight animation to cover the BNSF lights and place the NS ones. You'll need a friendly modeller to knock up the FA for you.

Only other NS models are payware http://www.dieselswest.com/NS_DASH9.htm
    ......and obviously no good for SLI repaints
    Geoff
    UK

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

There are plenty of NS D9s available as repaints/amended shape files of the MLT freeware D9 from Bernard Grant here in the FL....they look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    There are plenty of NS D9s available as repaints/amended shape files of the MLT freeware D9 from Bernard Grant here in the FL....they look fine.
    Yes they're a much better option. Hadn't realised just how many he's done!

The only way you could improve on those is by modifying the latest SLI/TS Dash 9's and I doubt they're on the top of anyone's project list?
    Geoff
    UK

As pointed out Most of the Orginal sets SLI released have now been offically closed out.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    There's a shape with the same .ace configuration in the Danny Beck freeware. The BNSF C44-9 1033.
    According to the Guide to North American Diesel Locomotives NS C40-9s were identical to the C44-9 but with engines downrated to 4000hp to save fuel and engine wear. These were uprated to 4400hp starting in 2013.

Out of interest what skin are you trying to use?
    I wanted to use the Aivo Merimets reskins of the SLI NS Dash 9s, I found that the NS black on those reskins were a lot more accurate than the Diesels West dark grey, and there is more options for paint schemes.

After reading the whole thread, I guess theres no luck on finding it anymore . It really sucks that someones hard work is just being completely lost.

Oh well, anyway, I started work on an improved DW C40-9W reskin, but releasing it would mean tracking down the creator of the PTC shape file I'm using and catching up on DWs reskin policy. Its turning out quite nice though, I want to make OLS, horsehead, and frame stripes schemes for it next and possibly release it as a cohesive pack.

I seem to recall one of the mods telling you not to start any "petitions" of that nature here. You obviously Don't listen well.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!