Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DARv3 does not show up in available routes in OR or MSTS.

Default DARv3 does not show up in available routes in OR or MSTS.

Installed DARv3 in the MSTS folder. The route looks fine as to the files all present etc. Activities are present, trk file is present,Consists are present with DARv3 consists, services are present, correct rolling stock in trainset. I have used MSTS since it was first released by MS, many years ago. I have current X-Tracks, New Roads and Bin. I have 30 routes installed and running fine. It has been about two years I have taken a break from MSTS/OR so am a little rusty. Getting the bug to run again. I do remember the trk file must be present, which it is.

Now,( probably a simple answer I have forgotten) why does the route not show up?
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Where do you have your routes installed?
    Anything in a Windows controlled folder ie. Programs, Programs (86) is a no no. Windows won't let you many things there.
    Someplace to start.

Randy

If you plan to run the DARv3 in MSTS, you need to go into the Activities folder, cut all the activities you see when you open the folder, and paste them in the OR_Activities folder. Next open the MSTS_Activities folder, select all the activities, and paste them in the mail Activities folder.

A route will not show up in MSTS if there are no workable activities. The OR activities use rolling stock that will only work in OR.

Paul :-)

Default MSTS folder

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Where do you have your routes installed?
    Anything in a Windows controlled folder ie. Programs, Programs (86) is a no no. Windows won't let you many things there.
    Someplace to start.

Randy
    My MSTS is installed in F:\OS\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator. All my previous 30 routes are in there and run fine. (Win 10) My C:\ drive does not have MSTS on it as I don't want it there.

All activities from the basic DARv3 folders are in there, as are the consists and trainsets as noted in my original post.
    I do not plan to run in MSTS but checked if the route cam up in MSTS. It does not
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Do you have this folder F:\OS\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\DARv3\DARv3\ACTIVITIES

If you do then you need to move the second DARV3 folder to your routes folder.
    Charles

Default DARv3

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Do you have this folder F:\OS\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\DARv3\DARv3\ACTIVITIES

If you do then you need to move the second DARV3 folder to your routes folder.
    No Charles,
    My routes are all set up the same. Only the one DARv3 is in the routes folder. It contains all the opened files such as consists, etc.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

So can you open it in Open Rails?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by prr4ever View Post
    No Charles,
    My routes are all set up the same. Only the one DARv3 is in the routes folder. It contains all the opened files such as consists, etc.
    The reason I questioned that is because the ZIP is organized with a DARV3 folder inside a DARV3 folder. Thus if you unzipped the ZIPfile into the routes folder you end up with Routes\DARV3\DARV3.

Consist files do not belong in a Routes folder. They belong in the Consists folder under the Trains folder.
    Charles

That's how my Winzip program has always worked, adding an outer folder with the same name

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    That's how my Winzip program has always worked, adding an outer folder with the same name

Then you need to include instructions as to how to unzip to the correct folder structure.
    Charles