Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Rails Surfliner 2.3 Activity Pack Vol. 2 Released

Post Open Rails Surfliner 2.3 Activity Pack Vol. 2 Released

Hello again everybody,

Today the file library has been added to with my second installment of activities for Jeff Farquhar's Surfliner 2 (now 2.3) route. The 10 activities include trips spanning the entire route from San Diego to San Luis Obispo. Eight activities are Surfliner trains, the other two being a round trip on the Coast Starlight. Like always if anybody has questions, comments, quandaries, compliments, issues, or anything else regarding this set feel free to post here.

I hope you all enjoy!

EK

Thanks, You might want to change the route ID in the activities from Surfliner2-2 to Surfliner2-3. Other than that all is good.

Cheers

All consist with default rolling stock can help game playing easy.
    Or he can make consist by himself.

Anyone know where to get SMV CF7 1801 from attherailyard.com? I cannot find it on their website.

Although the home page comes up all other pages, including the downloads, come up as 404 Page not found
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Hello all, I am just now running the Amtrak #11 Activity, I am not seeing any of what is in the Activity List as "Static xxxx" Rolling stock. I opened the route and activity with Con-Builder and all there is listed is the Active Trains, no Loose Consists as there are in most Activities. I went through the list of Required Rolling Stock and I have most of it, I normally change out missing ones for ones I have.
    I have just passed by the SMV Yard and it is empty, according to the Activity File there should be a couple of trains in that yard. I also searched through the Files here and at Elva's Tower and could find nothing labelled SMV for the locomotives. I have for instance, the tank cars listed, but they did not show up either.
    Any suggestions on a Straightforward way to Replace what is missing with a substitute? I usually just use Con-Builder, but nothing shows for Loose Consists to replace. Do they show up in TSRE5? I have never used it to substitute rolling stock, or will it show in Route Righter as rolling stock that is missing?
    Mr. Keating normally has some very good activities with lots of traffic, I was looking forward to these new ones.
    Thank you.

I test all of my activities with MSTS_Actman. its here in the library.

The OR log will also log missing rolling stock.
    Cheers
    Derek

I use TSRE5 to change the wags around....
    TSRE5 has an option to see consists/loose consists by the activity. It is very easy and fast.
    I did use Route Riter in the past but it is (in my opinion) more work that option in TSR5.
    I never use Conbuilder couse i did not have to. TSRE5 is very usefull consist editor and activity editor.

Have a good day all.
    Still want to get that SMV CF7 1801 engine.....
    Last edited by gammaray84; 09-06-2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spellings

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello all, I am just now running the Amtrak #11 Activity, I am not seeing any of what is in the Activity List as "Static xxxx" Rolling stock. I opened the route and activity with Con-Builder and all there is listed is the Active Trains, no Loose Consists as there are in most Activities. I went through the list of Required Rolling Stock and I have most of it, I normally change out missing ones for ones I have.
    I have just passed by the SMV Yard and it is empty, according to the Activity File there should be a couple of trains in that yard. I also searched through the Files here and at Elva's Tower and could find nothing labelled SMV for the locomotives. I have for instance, the tank cars listed, but they did not show up either.
    Any suggestions on a Straightforward way to Replace what is missing with a substitute? I usually just use Con-Builder, but nothing shows for Loose Consists to replace. Do they show up in TSRE5? I have never used it to substitute rolling stock, or will it show in Route Righter as rolling stock that is missing?
    Mr. Keating normally has some very good activities with lots of traffic, I was looking forward to these new ones.
    Thank you.
    Are you running the activity in ORTS or MSTS? The Loose Consists in this activity will not show in MSTS because they are not listed in the ACT file as Loose Consists but have a full descriptive name such as "Surf Static Gemco 2". That is why they do not show in ConBuilder as CB looks for "Loose Consist" and lists the listed components. RR would probably show the same as ConBuilder.
    Charles

Default Open Rails Surfliner 2.3 Activity Pack Vol. 2 Amtrak 11 Act

Ok, Charles, I am running OR 1.3.1.4328. I went into TSRE5 and I those "Loose Consists" show up as and where they are supposed to be. Running the Sim, they do not show up, so I cannot edit them, no need to.
    So, why do they not show in the game? Obviously TSRE5 Consist Editor finds them where they are supposed to be.
    Here is the Log from today's run.
    OpenRailsLog.zip