Thread: CPR Passenger Cars uploaded

Default CPR Passenger Cars uploaded

Hi All,

I've uploaded a set of 20 CPR and 1 DAR passenger cars from the steam/transition era. There were cars that were on the Dominion Atlantic in the mid to late 1950s, a mixture of wooden, heavy weight, and early light weight cars that would look at home anywhere across Canada and into the States where CP ran passenger service.

Paul :-)

Beauty, eh?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Paul your Passenger cars aren't showing the wheel and wheel tread .ace in the pack?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

That's interesting. I just had a look at the drawings in TS Modeler and they clearly show there. I exported the models from there to create the models you have and something changed. I had a look at the files I uploaded and the wheel and wheel tread ace files are included. Well, hope they don't derail and kill anyone. For the most part the wheels would be in a shadow so I'm not sure if it matters much.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    That's interesting. I just had a look at the drawings in TS Modeler and they clearly show there. I exported the models from there to create the models you have and something changed. I had a look at the files I uploaded and the wheel and wheel tread ace files are included. Well, hope they don't derail and kill anyone. For the most part the wheels would be in a shadow so I'm not sure if it matters much.

Well these textures work fine in your recent tank cars Paul so it has to be a glitch in the export or zip?

I even tweaked the .aces to see if it was somehow my set-up but I get the same result whatever I do to the .ace files.

Nice set of coaches so worth a fix?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Here's the problem. Saturday when I zipped the set up to put in the library, I stopped and assembled the train you see at the beginning of the thread. I can see the wheels normally, and the tread textures. If I look at the car in Shape Viewer, I do see the dark textures on the wheels. I see in TS Modeler the treads and wheels normally but do see that each wheel had the SolidDrkShd material that I applied when I first made the wheels for a passenger car years ago.

So, what's everyone else see when the car is in the sim, I just made up a train with the same files you have and the treads and wheels show normally, like in the two screen shots at the top of this thread. If that's so, there is no need for me to do five hours worth of work to change then so they can look pretty in Shape Viewer... post your in the sim shots.