Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ts2021 17.09.20

Well, many folks have got the update, all 8mbs of it, hahaha. I now have a new splashscreen, and that's about it.

And for those wondering about the new London Euston to Birmingham route, the Northampton loop is not shown in the Manual - https://store.steampowered.com/manual/1364033 and we aren't sure how much of the DC Watford lines are included, either, very underwhelming, as usual.....I'll stick to the freebie offering, it's brilliant.

I'll have a look at the Clinchfield layout as that does pique my interest somewhat.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I was about to ask what the verdict was on the London to Birmingham route... Probably wait until it goes on sale for a tenner at Christmas.
    Vern.

Someone on uktwaddlesim stated it was the full Watford lines.

For whatever that is worth boys.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, the full Watford DC, but, no Northampton Loop at all, so, no freight scenarios from Daventry Freight Terminal, DTG really couldn't give a toss about us freight fans, why did they bother including a freight loco Class 66 with the package, absolutely nonsensical......and the TSW forum has melted as the fps are absolutely abysmal apparently, most folks only getting between 10-18 fps across the whole route and the included rolling stock is the worst offender for frame rates ostensibly. They are also missing station buildings at both Birmingham and Euston, OHLE catenary missing, lines going through concrete, bridge clipping and ramps going nowhere, so, until DTG sort quite a lot of this DLC offering out I wouldn't bother getting it this side of Christmas.
    Alan Thomson's twitch video last night was very comical apparently, as he was gobsmacked at the shocking offering that folks have paid good money for, and it's all very quiet from Messrs. Peddlesden and his boss.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-18-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Just read the comments over there. Even the usual fanboys are a bit subdued about it.

After the (ongoing) farce with MSFS2020 which now won't even install the second patch, not spending another penny on buggy, half finished, poorly optimised crap. Will take the money and stock up on toilet paper, kitchen towels and baked beans ready for our next lockdown!
    Vern.

I am perplex why DTG even have these yearly updates, they barely update anything worthwhile. It's still TS20XX.
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.

Another money making exercise Sean, the annual cap in hand to their customers so they can keep the electricity running in DTG Towers......

Cheerz. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Another money making exercise Sean, the annual cap in hand to their customers so they can keep the electricity running in DTG Towers......

Cheerz. Steve.

Sadly, those of us who are logical about DTGs lack of effort are out numbered by illogical people thus keeping DTG afloat. I can tell you right now straight forward no holds barred comments against this update on RWA have been disappearing. Even objective criticizing is being censored to a degree. Hey, typical right?

Why I haven't posted over there for months if not years. A good forum (as in here) encourages objective discussion and should not just exist for fanboy adulation and beatification.
    Vern.

I have been banned 3 times on ukworshipsim, for less than some comments i have made on here.

One forum is a biased mouthpiece, pure and simple.

The other is where the adults hang out.
    Yma O Hyd