Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ts2021 17.09.20

But, if we don't want these new routes, what else is there for us trainsimmers, I would imagine it's a free upgrade from TS2020 for us but there's nothing else advertised, is the HUD being updated, or anything, so, it's a big yawn from me.
    I'll probably look at any future videos on the Clinchfield route as that looks quite interesting, the 2 British routes will be ultra modern and boring a-b lines for passenger trains and very little freight as 90% of yards have closed down.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, Mike.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I do not believe ...I cannot believe...I don't want to believe...that DTG are coming out with a new label for what is effectively TS2019.

Utterly ridiculous and smacks of blatant profiteering.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I can't get beyond a blank blue patterned screen from that link, not a good start.

Okay it worked in Edge. Well the routes are moderately interesting but will depend on pricing, but London to Birmingham would have been better set in the classic AC electric era with Class 86's and 87's maybe even roarers (81's to 85's). I wonder if they also included the Northampton Loop?
    Vern.

Well, we've got a truly brilliant London Euston to Birmingham route, with Northampton Loop included, already Vern, freeware from Alex55 that I drive my BR Blue leccy's on, it's wonderful, I doubt this DLC payware offering will be anything like it, and I highly doubt that the heirarchy at DTG Towers even know what a British Railways AL5 is, without Googling it.....

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Hey now boys, don't shoot the messenger.

Looks like a pile of money making rubbish to me.

As Steve rightly says we have a more than half decent freeware E to B.

Also includes the Watford Lines, i think that is the correct description for the suburban lines.

No AL's to run on it though, only a giveaway AL5 i think it is with wrong cab. Correct me if i am wrong though.

Still a better game than that TSW crud though. Wack in the third party graphics improvements and apply Re-shade and it doesn't look half bad.
    Yma O Hyd

Oh, we're not shooting the messenger, Mike, we're just annually underwhelmed, as usual.......

I play with the DTG offerings of the 86s and 87s and the Class 82 from IHH (Sly) that works just fine, you could even number it as an 81, it's cab is aliased to the 86 cab from Keith Ross' WCMLNorth route, I think it is, so, it's another old BR Blue leccy for my mixed freights, Parcels and Mail trains, it's fab.

Cheerz. Steve.

Ain't that the truth Steve, underwhelmed to the Nth degree

I think i must have been thinking of the AL2, but i thought it was released by DTG. Probably wrong though buddy.

I just looked at re-installing WCML S v5 but it is too much messing about for me at the moment.

What with having to swap out all the modern rubbish in the scenarios for BR stock.

Then it would probably lock up the pc, way to much for my patience.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, it's a bit of a nuisance amending all the scenarios Mike, I do agree. But, if you want to play on the route then just do what i do and place static trains along the route, I have 2 freeroam scenarios one going North ond one going South, end to end runs include static trains of all description at various stations, sidings and yards, you're driving past them at 100mph so it doesn't really matter if they aren't moving AI trains as such, they just give an atmosphere of it being a busy line, that's all, you can change your static trains around all over the place. Incidentally, we're now up to v5.3 on this route, from July 2020, but, you have to obtain it from Alan Thomson's website, it's still free of course, and Alex55 the author has now culled some of the DLC routes that were once needed, so, dependency routes removed for GARL (Glasgow Airport Rail Link), IOW (Island Line) and Hamburg-Hanover.

Cheerz. Steve.

If i get fed up ammending supplied scenarios, Steve. i usually delete everything session wise and create my own QD scenarios, with AI.

I actually find QD's more interesting, as the AI can be varied at each starting point.

So i can drive the same QD from A-B, 3 or 4 times. But have different types of AI opposing me each time.

Another fave of mine is placing an AI on the same path as the player QD consist. Just ahead of it and then have to chase the yellows and double yellows following it. Very enjoyable driving a goods working, with a stopping passenger in front.

I refuse to pay AT for any access to downloads sorry Steve. I am completely opposed to this payware cottage industry in train gaming.
    Yma O Hyd