Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ts2021 17.09.20

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I do not believe ...I cannot believe...I don't want to believe...that DTG are coming out with a new label for what is effectively TS2019.

Utterly ridiculous and smacks of blatant profiteering.
    You get the core update for free, nobody's forcing you to buy the routes. WTF are you complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I refuse to pay AT for any access to downloads sorry Steve. I am completely opposed to this payware cottage industry in train gaming.
    You don't pay any money Mike, you can open an account for free and go into the download areas and obtain whatever free stuff you want, there are a couple of routes that require his payware OHLE, but, I'm not paying for overhead catenary, so, I don't bother with these routes.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thanks Steve, i didn't know that buddy.

What's all the subscription stuff about on his site then Steve ?
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Thanks Steve, i didn't know that buddy.

What's all the subscription stuff about on his site then Steve ?
    Higher download speeds and stuff possibly, like on many other similar sites (e.g. UKTrainSim)?

It's for his fans, Mike...... These kids who are willing to pay £30 a year for early access to various repaints, routes, and other things, obviously, us adults can see it for what it is, but, the gullible just hand their money over.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Oh right the gullible snowflake generation, Steve.

So freeware stuff he hosts, he has turned it into payware then buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

Hmmm, no, not necessarily, Mike. This WCML South is still a freeware route, created by the same author as the previous versions, Alex55. He put his new version on Alan Thomson's site before putting it in the UKTS Library, for some reason, it's still free. There are repaints and other things on there that are free to obtain as well, you can see which ones you are asked money for, just ignore them if you aint interested, there isn't an awful lot of choice, but, even 1 or 2 routes is welcome, the only thing is that you need 3/4 Payware routes off Steam to run them effectively.

Cheerz. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainFreak View Post
    You get the core update for free, nobody's forcing you to buy the routes. WTF are you complaining about?
    That's not a complaint....it's an observation.
    The emphasis is on profiteering, in case that escaped you.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

It's all freeware Steve. But some of it is put behind a subscription wall, so that makes it payware.

There is no need for all this payware in a hobby by third parties.

As you know yourself, there is next to nothing payware for ETS2 & ATS. Outside of the official DLC.

Both those sims and plenty of other games, provide dozens of free mods.

Both on independent mod sites and on Steam Workshop.

A lot of those mods are of payware standard, particularly trucks and some maps.

But they do not jump on the gravy train. Trainsims you pay for nearly eveything, of any quality buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

I'll do my normal wait and see bit which is 4 months to see what all DTG messed up on the new version. It has one route I already have and the others are of no interest to me. I'll toss those. No doubt it'll jack whatever modification's you did to your routes in particular those by DTG and other commercial vendors and it'll either outright pitch or delete key files from third party DLC. At least that's what is had done to me on the last two versions, 2019 and 2020. For those who have 2020 and wish to update to 2021, MAKE SURE to backup the whole thing separate from where you have the sim installed. In the event DTG's MO remains the same and it jacks things up, you have something to fall back on. Also, if you outright don't want the thing or choose to wait awhile, make sure to not go online. Stay in offline mode.