Thread: Trucks turning Wrong Way

Default Trucks turning Wrong Way

I came across a thread about this recently but I'd never encountered the issue. It seems to be an Open Rails problem because the stock works fine in MSTS.

So now I've downloaded a model with just this issue.

Specifically with this model it's the trailing truck that turns OUT at the curves rather than INto them.

Obviously I've been searching with "truck" as the keyword but my efforts have thrown up nothing?

I seem to remember it was a reasonably easy fix ....but without it I'm forced to run the stock in MSTS.

Any pointers/solutions appreciated.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Thread over at ET about this...cannot find it right now. If I remember it dealt with SLI trucks.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Try this Geoff, from the "OR Fixes Links" thread, maybe it covers the scenario you are describing?

===================================
    SLI wheels not aligned to track
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...31#post1953331
    ===================================

Geoff, if the above doesn't work, I'd suggest searching using the term "Bogie", as that's what they are called in MSTS/OR shape file structure.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Geoff, if the above doesn't work, I'd suggest searching using the term "Bogie", as that's what they are called in MSTS/OR shape file structure.
    Yes I'll do that because the only alteration I could see in the files was not either bogie as above. Both M41 were already set to 0

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

What's frustrating is that in the post I remembered when I saw this someone had posted a picture of the problem just like these from OR. The MSTS shots are from exactly the same position and there's no problem.

I'll search again using Bogie.....

Click to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    UK

Those are old models of the french X73500. Try those from lescompagnonsdurail.fr under telecharger / materiel motor diesel

Quote Originally Posted by trampeltier View Post
    Those are old models of the french X73500. Try those from lescompagnonsdurail.fr under telecharger / materiel motor diesel
    Thanks for the link Freidrich.

Those are excellent models I'll give them a try and my interest will be explained....

Most of my European links are outdated but it's good to see that new stuff is still being made.
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Thanks for the link Freidrich.

Those are excellent models I'll give them a try and my interest will be explained....

Most of my European links are outdated but it's good to see that new stuff is still being made.
    In case you wondered why I was interested in the X73500's...... I first saw these on holiday in France on a quiet rural branch line. It struck me that here in the UK where Branch lines had massive closures in the late 60's and over the pond where passenger services were considered uneconomic, how different things might have been if the modern railcars we have to day had been available.

So a "what if..." post https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...operated-today

BTW I found a thread on ET about the trucks .....which ended rather unsatisfactorily "found a solution on a german website forum" with no links or explanation. I do love it when folk ask for help and don't share solutions...
    Geoff
    UK