Thread: Need Help MSTS Editors and Tools resolution

Post Need Help MSTS Editors and Tools resolution

Hi, I'm having problems running MSTS Editors and Tools. My computer is windows 10 and graphics card is AMD.
    I have used MSTS_AMD_FIX.exe For the main game. But now The editor and tools won't open. It says that my resolution is
    bad, Its says In order to run Tools you need a resolution 1024x768 but my monitor is set at 1680x1050. So could I get some help?

First thing I would do is change the monitor resolution to 1024x768. There is a reason the system wants that
    resolution, likely related to that particular graphic card which I am not familiar with. You can do this change in
    the control panel. I'm also not running Win-10 yet.

Landnrailroader

Right click on Run As Admin., & then Combatality Mode ( I'd choose WXP SP3 ), & re-screen the color size. Also, you'd might want to check The Steam4Me Website, there's sections that'll help you ( mainly how to run The Sim on W7 X64 Systems, but you're doing it on W10 ).

So I fixed the resolution problem, but when I try and open the editors a black window appears and the dissapear.

As it states in the Steam4Me tutorials...
    "Make sure your monitor is set to at least 1024x768 pixels as MS Train Simulator Editors & Tools doesn't work at a lower resolution). You may need to set your screen resolution (Right-click on Desktop | Properties | Settings) to 16-bit to avoid MSTS lock-up."
    Have you tried 16-bit resolution?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I've tried 16bit color and the same problem, My resolution is 1680x1050 the editor doesn't complain about resolution. Just the window loads all black with a white basic window outline.
    Last edited by TrainSimulatorFan; 09-22-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Hi,
    I doubt that a resolution of 1680x1050 was even thought of 20 years ago when MSTS was released!! The editor doesn't complain, but I think the problem is that it doesn't understand it!! I believe the largest permissible resolution is 1600x1200, so you'll need to reduce yours to 1280x1024 to be within the limits. This is, obviously, in 4:3 format - I assume you're using an NVIDIA graphics card. in which case, you need to set the Scaling mode to "Aspect ratio" and "Perform scaling on" to GPU (NOT monitor) My monitor's resolution is 1920x1080 and I have no trouble using the Sim and Editors at 1280x1024x32 bit (set within the MSTS Options).

Cheers,
    Ged

This is the issue I'm having, it's difficult to explain in text [ATTACH=CONFIG]80261
    It's the editor window in the photo

This is the black window glitch I'm havingScreenshot 2020-09-25 181641.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,
    Yes, I understood exactly what you meant without the picture, but thank you

In your original post you said "I have used MSTS_AMD_FIX.exe For the main game". You may not have actually meant that, because the AMD_FIX is only used while you are installing the AMD drivers, not MSTS. Also, I don't know if that fix still works with the latest AMD drivers, having moved to NVIDIA a long time ago!!

So, sorry, but I'm not able to offer any more suggestions at this time - maybe somebody else can?

Cheers,
    Ged