Thread: Control for Passenger Door Opening

Default Control for Passenger Door Opening

Hey, can anyone enlighten me as to what controls the opening of the passenger car doors while using Autopilot?

Running on the Surfliner Route and the wrong side doors are showing as "Opened". Almost all of the platforms on this route are on the "Right" (R), but the "Left-Side" doors are shown as Opened. I have run into this situation on a few routes/activities.

What controls this please?

Keep in mind that this depends on the passenger wagons shape file internals, i.e. the door animation and the way the platform markers are set within the route.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Keep in mind that this depends on the passenger wagons shape file internals, i.e. the door animation and the way the platform markers are set within the route.

regards,
    Oh, ok. That means if I "Flip" the car the door opening would be on the correct side? Further, I figured it would be in the Platform Definition somewhere, is it something that can be edited easily? Some Platforms seem to be correct when the doors show opened.

Hi Don,
    to get the passenger doors automatically opening on the platforms side, two conditions must apply:
    1) the wagon door animation must be set correctly, that is the animations of the right doors must be named as the naming rules for such animations require, and the same must apply for the left doors; I have already seen trainsets where the right and left door animation names were exchanged. Flipping the wagon in the .con file does not do the trick, because OR takes into account the flipping when deciding what to open; right and left are considered referred to the player's cab for a player train (as would be in reality) and to the front cab for an AI train.
    2) at the platforms the platform markers must be set correctly, that is they must point towards the platforms; I have often seen platform markers wrongly set; using TSRE5 it is very easy to check if the platform markers are set correctly, and it is also very easy to correct the setting.

Yes, I see in TSRE5 when I click on the Green Arrow there is a "Left - Right" position to be selected for the Platform.

Thank you, that is the answer I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Yes, I see in TSRE5 when I click on the Green Arrow there is a "Left - Right" position to be selected for the Platform.

Thank you, that is the answer I was looking for.
    OK, I went to the Fullerton Station and looked to see which was selected, "Right" is selected and saved. The Fine Green Line switched towards the Platform when I clicked on the Green Arrow for that track, in this case Eastbound. Still the doors open on the left side???

Is the Fine Green Line suppose to be next to the platform or away from it? I guess it has to be away from the platform to work correctly.
    Surfliner - Fullerton Stn Doors Open Wrong Side.jpg
    Last edited by Don6218; 09-15-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Add Picture

The line should be offset toward the platform