Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now you see it, Now you DON'T

Lurker........
    I have gone through the whole ACTIVITY SIMULATOR WORLD files and there is no update or OR file for the x4900 series DMU cars.

I do not need the x4700 series red/cream units, I already have them. They are 2 car sets with no middle trailer, This is not the problem.
    I have all the units set up to run from either end as is possible in Bin and OR, so I already know how to set this up. I made the rear unit a reversed shap with a reversed cab view so it will run at the rear of the set, but will be properly pointed when changed as the lead unit
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Alexhill:

The one you found on LesCompagnonsDuRail might be an updated version which I do not know about............

The version I am working with, looks like I downloaded years ago from the site, but it is no longer there, though they have many of the other railcar (Picasso, Panoramique, "dildoe" and x4750 series files).........Looks like I dug uop the zip file from my archive disk of files.

I have downloaded the newer ?? version from your website so I will see what happens

Thanks
    Doug
    Doug

Doug I've been following this thread knowing that I had a possible solution.... BUT I can't find it

However the reason I know there IS a solution is that there was a fix for EXACTLY the same problem with some UK DMU sets.

I worked on the Mid East Plus route (Mick Clarke's route) and that was developed before OR had reached the state it's in today. When folk tried to run the route in OR this exact problem cropped up.

After some troubleshooting a fix was found. This SHOULD be available from UKTS but at the moment their site is playing up and I can't even open it to search.

If any UK members here remember this fix maybe they can help?

ANY UK member with MId East Plus remember this?

It was a VERY simple fix I seem to remember but I don't think I ever installed it as I've always run MEP in MSTS .
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Hi Geoff,
    You're quite correct! I found posts on TSSH on the MEP DMU problem - it was more than 4 years ago!!

The problem is that OR doesn't like an Effects > DieselSpecialEffects section with only a comment and no parameters. The simplest solution is to remove the Effects section completely. This applies to the DTxx vehicles, ie those unpowered vehicles with a driver's cab.

Hope this also applies to the X4901!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks Ged and Geoff.......

......I checked the offending car file in the set and it is listed as a "Carriage", so therefore has no "Diesel Special Effects" line or parameters.

One of the other responders put me on to another French website and they have what looks like an "updated" version of this type railcar that has several paint versionhs of motors and trailer units. I am currently gtetting it downloaded and expanded to be installed, so I will see what that brings.
    Thanks
    Doug

Hi Doug,
    I noticed that you are using the last-released stable version of Open Rails. Have you checked it with a more recent version? The current Testing Version is X1.3.1-220-g98edaea1d, released 28 August 2020. If the carriage still disappears with this version at least it points to the cause being a possible shape file problem and not an OR bug which has been fixed!

Cheers,
    Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 09-21-2020 at 01:35 PM.

The problem is with shape file XRABauvergne.s in that the wheels do not have a name but should be named Wheels11.

Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: g:\msts_or-1\train sim_france\trains\trainset\x4900_sncf\xrabauvergne .s g:\msts_or-1\train sim_france\trains\trainset\x4900_sncf\ ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

XRABauvergne.jpg

Default Now you see it, Now you DON'T

Hi Ged:

I am using the last posted stable version of Open Rails........1.3.1.4328....works just fine for me, and knowing the "usual" computer updates that MicroSoft spews out....I will NOT experinment with something that is unproven and have it jamb up or wreck all the work I have done.

I did find a "solution".......by using Alexhill's discovery on the French website for another version of the x4900 railcars that what I was using.

x4901 at https://www.lescompagnonsdurail.fr/les-caravelles

It is made for OR, has all features (sound, CVF etc) needed with consits and seveeral numbered units of this type. I tested one of the consists and found it works just fine and better than what I had, of course from 15 years ago.

I guess now I can say..I SEE IT
    Have to change my slogan to Happiness is getting ANY train to appear when you want it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

Hi Doug,
    I think you'll find that most of us are using the latest testing version (or the latest MG version). They are pretty robust and, considering that the stable version you're using is well over a year old, a great many fixes and enhancements have been applied.

We're not talking about MS upgrades, you know!!

Cheers,
    Ged