Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tram sim

Yes it is very sad to think of the tram networks we had in the UK that are now gone, of course a lot of cities are putting them back in at a great cost but it will never be the same.

I am fascinated by the tram network in Praque(Czech Republic) though never been but it is also on the to do list, here is a link to a live feed from the lubrication Tram-
    https://www.mall.tv/vlaky-a-tramvaje...a-jizda-prahou

“ It is unique in Czech. Lubrication tram, officially named Tatra T3 with registration number 5572, nicknamed Mazačka by the inhabitants of Prague. On its way around the capital, its task is to lubricate the tracks to reduce noise and wear on the rails and tram wheels of other cars. During his never-ending work, he travels an average of over 200 kilometers a day. It is thus by far the busiest car not only in the fleet of Prague's special trams. You can meet it regularly on the streets since January 2015. However, the history of this tram is much longer.”
    —————
    Jason

If you want a scary tram system, find the YT video for the Kharkiv (Ukraine) system.

The track is in a state of collapse and the trams run with a massive coupling arm projecting out the front. If that doesn't get you, there's no lifeguard tray or deflector to stop you going under the wheels.
    Vern.

Here it is.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Bit of a drama queen.

That protruding coupling is for ramming Russian tanks.
    Yma O Hyd

It's quite brilliant, isn't it!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Here it is.

Blimey, surely it will get to the stage where they have to stop running. It’s a shame it’s not being invested in.
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Blimey, surely it will get to the stage where they have to stop running. It’s a shame it’s not being invested in.
    Union action regarding safe-work compliance would have shut that system down years ago if it were here.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Bit of a drama queen.....
    Well-spoken, too.

The David Attenborough of endangered trams.

Well spoken snowflake drama queen, then Bruce.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Well spoken snowflake drama queen, then Bruce.
    You could say that, Mike....yeah.