Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tram sim

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Anyone taken the plunge yet? Think this is one where I may just watch the initial reviews and responses.
    Snap!, Vern.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    ??
    LOTUS is the follow-up to OMSI2 and promises buses, trams, underground trains, suburban trains, and some kind of control centre function.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...OTUSSimulator/

It's also been in early access for two years and is DCS World levels of expensive.

“ Just took the plunge at £15.99 (cd keys), will try later and let you know what I think.”

Forget that, too good to be true at that price and it was, never did get the steam key in the end so managed to get money back.
    —————
    Jason

I was going to say, full price is £31.99 so would have been a helluva discount.

Another one to watch for in the Christmas sale, or more likely Easter next year.

LOTUS is the follow-up to OMSI2 and promises buses, trams, underground trains, suburban trains, and some kind of control centre function.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...OTUSSimulator/

It's also been in early access for two years and is DCS World levels of expensive.
    Been in early access for two years and mostly negative reviews. Another pass for me.
    Vern.

The devs made no bones about the fact that they released it for people who enjoy testing and wanted to support the project, or for third parties who wanted to make DLC.

So far there's two DLC... the Munich trams which is now had to put their own efforts on hiatus due to the main LOTUS project being behind schedule in adding the functionality they expected, and the Dusseldorf trams which is again not very finished.

If and when they ever get stuff done (proper AI traffic and passengers, etc) it'll be amazing, but it's likely going to be long Star Citizenesque road to get there.

Actually, thinking of it, it reminds me of Elite: Dangerous, which was extremely barebones when it first launched nearly six years ago, and took forever to add very basic functionality like Wings. It actually functioned as an actual game, though, but that meant many of us burned ourselves out on it in those early days, and the protracted addition of more functionality doesn't change enough to entice our jaded souls back. /tangent

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    LOTUS is the follow-up to OMSI2 ....
    Aaah! Okay, thanks.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

"Squirrel" has posted a potted review on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gB37fsuvQY

Basically as we suspected, not worth the £31+ asking price, would say no more than £15 for one route and one tram. It also to my eye looks very clean, no grunge or dirt anywhere worn buildings or anything like that.
    Vern.

Pass, looks very sterile in the video.
    Yma O Hyd

It does look very sterile indeed. Even seemly clean environments will have some grunge in a few places, and most of the world is not clean anyway.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Well I gave in and purchased it as I love trams.
    On the whole I am enjoying it as I believe the devs will sort the problems out and add more features.
    Firstly the graphics are very nice with everything modelled correctly as far as I know, all the textures look good and yes it all does look very clean but as never been there not sure how it compares(must look at street view).
    It does feel good driving the tram and the gradients do effect it.
    The AI has a few problems, you do get people walking out into your path but not sure how much of that is planned as people do that sort of thing, cars sometimes stop in front of you and the only way to move them is to hit them you then get a warning message and the car disappears.
    People get in the way of closing doors but most times you can leave the cab and walk to them and ask them to move though sometimes the odd person gets stuck between the tram and the street.
    I have only tried the timetable mode and this works ok but not the most user friendly setting up, the IBIS shows the stop and when to depart but is not fully working yet(but should do soon). There seems to be a bug in one direction that at the start the IBIS skips the 1st stop and puts the next one up, this means the passenger announcements are out of sync, again I’m sure it’s an easy fix.
    Upon getting to the end of a run you can go back again and the IBIS should recognise this and change the destination display on the front of the tram, I really can’t wait for the IBIS to be fully usable so you can change display and announcements etc manually.
    Regarding AI traffic there are not many types of vehicles, just a few cars though I here more types are coming soon.
    You see other trams on line 1 passing you but this seems random as sometimes I have not seem many even though they should be running frequently, maybe this is also a bug that will hopefully be sorted.
    It would be good to see other AI trams on other routes where the lines meet so that you have to give way etc.
    The door controls are good as you can decide which mode to have them(open and close on sensor, keep open, open front door only and force close).
    That’s all I can think of at the moment, any questions feel free to ask.
    —————
    Jason