Thread: Nick Gallo's AMTK_32Pack

Question Nick Gallo's AMTK_32Pack

I am trying to understand why is the shape file not working while checking the engine in Conbuilder? No problem to download and installed them to temporary folder on desktop. Also download the sound file, p32snup as requested in readme.txt The cab file, GE-SAFE-CAB2 was included in amtkp32pack. The shape file was included as well in zip file. Is there a reason why the shape file not working properly. There's nothing mentioned about the shape file in readme.txt just the cab and sound.

Let me know about what to do with the shape file?

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I am trying to understand why is the shape file not working while checking the engine in Conbuilder? No problem to download and installed them to temporary folder on desktop. Also download the sound file, p32snup as requested in readme.txt The cab file, GE-SAFE-CAB2 was included in amtkp32pack. The shape file was included as well in zip file. Is there a reason why the shape file not working properly. There's nothing mentioned about the shape file in readme.txt just the cab and sound.

Let me know about what to do with the shape file?

Thank you,

John
    Which shape file? There is more than one in the pack.
    Charles

Tested all the engines in this set with ConBuilder. No errors. BUT Shape Viewer shows "Error - Invalid S file format" when I try to open the Shape file with Shape Viewer.

What was the problem that you had with ConBuilder and the shape? What did the error message say?

Did you try to run ConBuilder's Shape Fix tool and get a "1003 File Move failed error"?
    I ask that because you said:
    No problem to download and installed them to temporary folder on desktop.

I assume that that "Temp folder" does not have an MSTS Utils folder in it. Move the engine folder to a Trainset folder in an MSTS install with a Utils folder as CB's SF tool needs the Train Simulator\UTILS\FFEDIT folder to operate properly. This problem is covered on CB's Support forum.

FYI Shape Viewer has no problem viewing the Shape after it has been "FIXED" by CB's SF tool.
    Charles

???? Did moving the Engines to an install with a \UTILS\FFEDIT folder fix your problem????
    Charles

Yes it is.

Thank you,

John