Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bus Simulator 21 Announced

Understandable if you use a laptop and have a bubba, Steve.

I personally could not use a laptop for anything, never mind gaming, buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

Really wish we could get a proper bus sim some day that isn't just another one of these generic German ones (with exception to OMSI which is amazing, despite the terrible game engine). This one looks like another pass from me.

Back in the day, I had a lot of fun with Tokyo Bus Guide on the Dreamcast. As with Densha de GO!, it was a little arcadey given the same roots, but the presentation was absolutely flawless. You got a real sense of weight behind the bus and its size and performance, and soon you'd be making skillful maneuvers past parked cars or handling tight corners perfectly.

SCS' own "Bus Driver" felt like a low rent clone of it, but it seems to have been a valuable learning opportunity for them nonetheless. I had some fun with it but it didn't grab my attention for long:

Yeah I remember Tokyo Bus Guide, had it on the PS2 I think, can't remember much about it as seems so long ago now but yeah was fun at the time.
    I still think OMSI is the best so far and it was a shame that support stopped when the team broke up, it could of grown to be so much better.
    —————
    Jason