Thread: Clearing Signals for Pathless Consists

Default Clearing Signals for Pathless Consists

I've created an activity in TSRE that has multiple static consists that I intend to be able to flip to during an activity. My Player Consist features a path and I am able to get signals in Auto mode and put it into autopilot with no problems. However when I jump to one of the static consists to run I have to hit tab to clear each signal I come up to and cannot use the system control function in the multiplayer dispatching mode. Is there a way to correctly set this up so I can jump into any static consist and be able to get a signal for which ever way I decide to line my self up- Similar to how explore mode works? It was my understanding static consists are already placed in manual mode. The whole goal of my activity is to be able to switch over and run which ever train I want at any given time. I have a freight at one end of the route and a local in the middle. My idea would be to run the freight to one spot and then be able to jump on that local afterwards is there a better way of doing such?
    Thank you,
    Zach

When the player switches into a static consist, such static consist enters manual mode, and there is no straightforward way to have it entering explorer mode or auto mode.
    If you want to switch into another consist and want that such consist runs in auto mode, such consist must be an AI train. You might have such AI trains stopped at a long waiting point, so that they are ready at any moment to be driven by the player. The player must not wait that the waiting point is terminated, and can start immediately.

So basically any consist that is desired to be driven would have to be setup as traffic in an activity correct? There is no possible way to create an explore route with static consists correct?
    Thanks for your help,
    Zach

Yes, it's correct. When I introduced such feature I reasoned whether I should put such player-driven static consists in manual or explorer mode. I decided to put them in manual mode because manual mode is already foreseen in activities, while explorer mode isn't. That decision has advantages and disadvantages, as can be seen.