Thread: tgatool2 does not update the texture

Default tgatool2 does not update the texture

hello, when I finish editing the texture and give it save, tgatool2 gets stuck when updating the texture, stops responding and closes

Quote Originally Posted by albertosaurio65 View Post
    hello, when I finish editing the texture and give it save, tgatool2 gets stuck when updating the texture, stops responding and closes
    1st you must ensure that ALL files in the objects folder are NOT "read only". Right Click/properties and ensure that the read only box is EMPTY.
    2nd save your modified image as a .bmp (or PSD if you use Photoshop) in the stock folder.
    3rd IF when you try and export the modified .tga to the stock it still doesn't appear..... send the .ace to tgatool2 again and open it in your editor. THEN open the saved .bmp. Copy the .bmp and paste it on to the file you just opened in the editor. MERGE Layers. Close .bmp and then close your editor to show the modified tga in tgatool.

Still not working?

Over to someone else for a solution

PS I only use Photoshop so if other editors work differently.......
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

In TGAtool2A under Image click send the main texture or the alpha to the editor.
    Leave TGATool open.
    When done editing save your work, just save not save as. It's saved as the temp file created when you sent it to the editor.
    In TGATool2a, again under image click Reload Data. It'll load the temp file created above. You'll see it in the TGATool window.
    Now under Export pick the type of Ace file you want.

Easy peasy,
    Randy

My version of TGAtool2, when I send the image or the alpha to my editor (Corel PhotoPaint) I need to click on the top status bar. It turns grey and I have about three seconds to click on it or the program freezes. Once I click on it everything works fine.

Paul :-)