Thread: Runaway Player

Default Runaway Player

Hi all,

I am trying to create a simple activity. A coal train comes to a stop at the foot of a hill just past a helper siding. I then switch cabs to the helper engines and pull up and connect to the rear of the coal train. Finally I switch cabs back to the coal train and proceed up the hill.

The problem I am having is that as soon as I switch cabs to the helpers the coal train begins to accelerate.

I would like to know how to keep the coal train stationary while I am in the helper cab.

I would appreciate any help.

Fred

This is in the MSTS forum, but it sounds like OR? ( because you have to physically couple to another train to change cabs, no jumping between uncoupled trains...is that correct for MSTS? )

So if it is OR and you're using the train list window (Alt+F9) ...the second left-click in the window should be performed with the shift key held down...this puts the former player train in suspended mode...it will not move.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Just adding the manual reference for other members that may encounter the same problem ( please read the manual and use it )
    Manual Section 7.9 Changing the Train Driven by the Player
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.