Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SimRail 2021

So it's at least a year away from release.

Why do they bother with such an early bait? Pointless.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

A bit like that Trans Siberian Express game/sim that was previewed a while back, still no sign of it.

I'm having too much fun in the flight sims at present (well more XP11 than FS20) which is why I've been a bit quiet of late on here!
    Vern.

Doesn't interest me, it's all foreign stuff.

But being a public spirited person. I thought i would pass on the info.
    Yma O Hyd

The publisher (PlayWay) has so many bizarre games in development or released - Priest Simulator is one, Train Station Renovation is another. Some of the games (House Flipper and Car Mechanic Simulator) are quite well regarded for what they are, so this has potential. The more sims the better, right? DTG needs competition to up their game.

SimRail S.A. are the Developers of the program working in alliance with SimKol who are responsible for providing software for driver training, locomotive simulation, signal/traffic dispatcher simulation to the real company's such as to Newag company for the training in their Newag Dragon locomotive and to Bombardier Transportation for it's locomotives and dispatcher simulation.

Two examples of SimKol software built into driver/trainer simulators.

TRAKO 2017 Railway Fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMUz7NBq0M

Sosnowiec Railway Technical School.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2c70kV2c8

It will be interesting to see how much of this advanced software is carried over from SimKol and translated into the SimRail S.A. product and will they find a balance between full simulation and user friendly software with manuals and tutors that can be understood by people in western English speaking countries. It would be amazing if they implemented full simulation of locomotive cabs, but full simulation of combined signal/traffic dispatcher over a vast area of European networks might too much for most train-simmers.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    The publisher (PlayWay) has so many bizarre games in development or released - Priest Simulator is one, Train Station Renovation is another. Some of the games (House Flipper and Car Mechanic Simulator) are quite well regarded for what they are, so this has potential. The more sims the better, right? DTG needs competition to up their game.
    Priest Simulator??? lol Whatever next?
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    The publisher (PlayWay) has so many bizarre games in development or released - Priest Simulator is one, The more sims the better, right? DTG needs competition to up their game.
    Will DTG create their own Priest Simulator, Paul Jackson probably seems himself as God at DTG Towers, so they're halfway there already.......lol

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Priest Simulator??? lol Whatever next?
    A Simulator simulator.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ....But being a public spirited person. I thought i would pass on the info.
    And you do a fine job, young man. This member of the public is very spirited as a result. Keep it up!