Thread: Discord & Family

Default Discord & Family

I got ta say today was a learning day. Discovering new found friends amongst the gaming family via their Discord.
    Many went on the attack posting guns, even, dead Michelle Jackson reference towards me. Anyways, I tried to calm their nerves by PM in an effort to keep peace, to no avail. My only recourse, take away, haven been muted / locked-out, is select few able to spout off, attack as a group, while others shoved aside, so be it. Again, tried my best to advise those in charge to reinstate other party. & let things roll off the shoulders, for life's way too short to carry away a grudge from the PC. The following image was removed, while guns, Michelle & other offensive references remain. I may be a dinosaur as they call me there, (along with other not so pretty names) lol... But, I'm learning rather quickly.
    Thus far we've had our differences here at TS, thankfully, all been adult enough to have a short spat, work together, move on. Surely not going to change a thing otherwise holding hatred / grudge. Anyways, don't read too much into the above, &, enjoy the quick snipit for what it is, just fun.

baby_meerkats.jpg

Just took in several nasty PMs from those that appear to be in charge. Would like my goods removed from WorkShop, for reason(s) only known to them from what I feel at my end. Anyways, sadly, looks like my RL days are winding down for the good of the community it seems. Not happy, rather sad, RL a great comfort at times. But, I'm only one man. Word to the wise, "Keep Your Mouth Shut." "Long Live Rolling Line".

Please don't remove your items from the Workshop, it's a loss to everyone, regardless of the circumstances involved, not to mention it could break some things.

But regardless, I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience. I've left the Rolling Line Discord chat for now. Wasn't really posting anything in it anyway.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by SD40-2 View Post
    Please don't remove your items from the Workshop, it's a loss to everyone, regardless of the circumstances involved, not to mention it could break some things.

But regardless, I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience. I've left the Rolling Line Discord chat for now.
    Rolling Line's fine, background boneheads another story. They really don't want others involved besides their own goods.
    Anyways, if you have some / any of my creations already downloaded, they won't break the game, nor, be effected by my haven to remove from WorkShop. Hard Lessons Learned. "Watch Your Back".
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-17-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Um...I haven't, and I only bought RL recently, and haven't touched it in a while due to certain other concerns.

To me, it feels like you're letting the bad guys win, while we all lose.

But ultimately, it's your decision, and I respect that.

I hope you'll try to have a good day regardless.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by SD40-2 View Post
    Um...I haven't, and I only bought RL recently, and haven't touched it in a while due to certain other concerns.

To me, it feels like you're letting the bad guys win, while we all lose.

But ultimately, it's your decision, and I respect that.

I hope you'll try to have a good day regardless.
    Morning,

I was merely replying, my having to remove creations from WorkShop, won't "Break Some Things", as, sounded you were concerned in that area.

As to "letting the bad guys win", no one wins, nor, have I a say in the matter.
    It was decided for me. Their chosen Government has the last say.

I was also not so kindly advised, "no modder", thus, others of the community shouldn't lose in the first place.
    The official modders will take care of all your / others future RL needs.

Copy & Paste from Discussions, as, the never ending emails flooding the O'l pc.

Damned, Thank You supporters, the PMs getting out of hand. While it's comforting to hear so many supportive comments, need to give it a rest...lol. Please, take comfort, RL's not closing down, not sure how / why anyone would get that impression. never the less, my being ostracized won't effect the game, nor your abilities to enjoy. You've paid for that privileged, now enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Copy & Paste from Discussions, as, the never ending emails flooding the O'l pc.

Damned, Thank You supporters, the PMs getting out of hand. While it's comforting to hear so many supportive comments, need to give it a rest...lol. Please, take comfort, RL's not closing down, not sure how / why anyone would get that impression. never the less, my being ostracized won't effect the game, nor your abilities to enjoy. You've paid for that privileged, now enjoy it.
    I have learned that discord can be good or it can be a dumpster fire. People behind the screen think they can say what ever they want and never have any repercussions. I think you handled what ever happen well SMRY and you should just ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I have learned that discord can be good or it can be a dumpster fire. People behind the screen think they can say what ever they want and never have any repercussions. I think you handled what ever happen well SMRY and you should just ignore the rest.
    Well can't say handled well, no one wins, still leaves a sad feeling.
    Shame, internet can be cruel for sure. Life goes along its merry way regardless.
    Got no choice.

I don't know the situation with RL as I'm not part of it, but I uninstalled Discord recently as it constantly came on when I didn't want it to. It's a fun little tool but the prying into my personal gaming habits was a little too much for me. Basically my only social media is Twitter, YouTube, and the good old email. Twitter is practically unbearable in the cancel culture these days, and YouTube isn't far behind. Thankfully you can still find certain things on YouTube provided it's not too over the edge for some.

Just got back from my 3 day trip and I'll share some videos on my channel tomorrow. As far as the rest I don't do facebook. Forums can be a hit and miss to be honest and can easily go the same way. Stick to my YouTube and Blogs the most.

Thanks

Sean