Thread: UK Trainsim kaputski????

Default UK Trainsim kaputski????

Hello to all......especially our British members, Ged, or R. Steele..............

Does anyonme know what is currently up with the UK TrainSim website???????

I know the owner was having server problems and something about an "expired certificate" kept coming up for the last couple of months.

There was a point you'd get a blocking page claiming website was "unsafe" (HUH??? Trains unsafe??) but you could override it and finally get into the home page and library.

Now for the last week, you can't even get that..it's like the website isn't even there and the error comes up that it can't connect, check proxy settings and the associated "geek mumbo jumbo"

I can't even renew my Premium account to Atomic Systems......so I guess this site is another European one that has gone out of business like so many others now.

Thanks for any updates on this.
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Hi Doug,
    No mate, UKTS is not kaput or closed!!

The server software was way out of date and there are many things to do to bring it up to date. The chaps over there are working all hours, fixing it. The Forum is working (at the moment) and files may be downloaded from the library. The subscription renewal system is not available and neither is the CD ordering facility, but I'm sure they'll be back before too long!

Cheers,
    Ged

Charles

That's not correct Charles. It's been up and down for the last few days as Matt changes the server and the hosting software.

Default UK Trainsim kaputski????

Thanks guys..............over a week ago I couyld get into the download library with bypassing all the "unsafe website" crap..

But this past week I couldn't even do that as errors kept telling me to "Check my Proxy setting"???? Website did not respond, or check my internet connections, NONE of which would get me to the home page.

I just tried 5 minsd. ago, and it looks like they did a great job, the full hiome page and site appears to be back up.

Maybe it was messed up because I said "Kaputski" and Putin hacked into it????
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

The best source for information when UKTS isn't available is probably https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1071p150-is-ukts-down

The forum still seems absent - not been a member for 12 years, 50% banned/50% resigned - but it is (was) still a useful source of info. Maybe they banned everyone.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    The forum still seems absent - not been a member for 12 years, 50% banned/50% resigned - but it is (was) still a useful source of info. Maybe they banned everyone.
    I joined at the same time I joined here and at ET ( early 2013 )...I posted something about Open Rails in the Open BVE forum...being a real noob I saw the word "Open" and made an incorrect assumption...I got banned...no reprimand, no second chance. I tried to make my case, asked to have the ban removed...no response...left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.