Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your help with this route??

Question Need your help with this route??

I am not sure what happen with this route of Northwest Line ver. 6 (Rory Rice). I did followed the instructions in readme.txt about this route. There are three files in zip from here in the file library. No problem to download even with corrupt files.

nlw66
    nlw66texturesa
    nwl66texturesb

I put this route in 1MSTS to run in Open Rails with Claudie's activity which was released recently from here as well.

I am sorry that I have no idea how to put this in screen shot but here is the zip file below for anyone can look at the screenshot and tell me what is the problem with this route. Did you see several are grayed out in this route? Why is that happening?

Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi John,
    but here is the zip file below
    What zip do you mean?
    Looks like missing terrain textures but that's just a guess..

PLEASE PLEASE post the OpenRailsLog.txt file ! ! ! ! ! ! ! That will tell you what's missing!

If the file is too large, compress the file with a zip utility (winzip, 7zip, winrar) and attach the file.
    Always attach the OR log for help requests. Thanks,

regards,

edit: just saw this in readme: You must have Sky Conductor 2 or Kosmos 1.0 or better for the environment files to run this route. You do have these installed?
    i'm still working my way thru the readme.
    Last edited by Vince; 10-01-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

All I know is that I got three files in zip for Northwest Lines ver. 6. I believe that there is missing terrain textures that did not come with the file download unless Rory Rice will see and give an answer. Yes I did have Kosmos 1.0 for this route plus the update of 1.1 too. Anyway here is the log.txt file in zip you can look into this.

Thank you,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

What does it look like outside of the cab? Could be a problem with the Cabview file or associated ACE files.

BTW if anyone is trying to find this route by searching using the file names John posted, the first 3 letters of the filename are NWL not NLW.
    Last edited by crstagg; 10-01-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Charles

I have 799 items in the route's textures folder. How many do you have?
    Looks like you're missing most, if not all, of the textures.

Randy

Sorry, 1018 in NWL66.
    Last edited by rdayt; 10-01-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Randy -- Here is the information that you want to know below:

The main folder is TEXTURES

7 Sub Folders -- AUTUMN, AUTUMNSNOW, NIGHT, SNOW, SPRING, SPRINGSNOW AND SUMMER.

And the other files that I have inside the main folder of TEXTURES are carspawn, deadtree (Windows Batch File) and deer.haz. That's it and nothing else outside the seven subfolders. Anyway the seven subfolder have 2,154 files.

Hope that is the one you are looking for about my Textures Folder for this route. Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John

Hi Charles,

I mistyped the word " NLW " and it should be " NWL " and I have to be more careful to type then read over before posting my message.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Hi Charles,

I mistyped the word " NLW " and it should be " NWL " and I have to be more careful to type then read over before posting my message.

Thank you,

John
    What about looking at the route from outside of the cab? Have you tried that?
    Charles

No I have not try this yet but will do in a few minutes to see if that work with the route from outside of the cab.

John

Hi Charles,

Here is the report about the view from outside of the cab. It doesn't make any better and still see no track textures and I believe that along the tracks are shrubs with no textures at all. With the view #2 outside of the cab and view #3 at the back of the train are the same with several files greyed out. Anyway I wonder if this route was the update from the previous route of FAN03. If it is then the files for TEXTURES should be there. I don't know if that will help or not.

Thank you again

John
    Last edited by cn bala; 10-01-2020 at 10:48 PM.