Thread: Cab Forward loco with Rail Driver

Default Cab Forward loco with Rail Driver

Hi guys, I'm getting jerkiness when running cabfwds in Donner Pass thru Open Rails with Rail Driver. So I've tried modifying the eng files to mesh with Rail Driver by using Route Riter's Rail Driver option. The trouble is Open Rails then can't find the loco when I try to resume the activity. So how do I make Open Rails see the new eng file that Route Riter has produced? I can't see any obvious changes to the new file so I would appreciate any help. If I turn off Rail Driver the jerkiness disappears.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

My reply from your other thread...

NikNak -- Open Rails has a specific calibration procedure for Rail Driver --- It can be found in the "Installation_Guide" - which is located in the "documentation" folder in the latest stable version of Open Rails ( version 1.3 ) -- if you cannot find it...PM me.

You can also download the Rail Driver versions of OR ( they can be found in a thread at Elvas Tower ) the program has an actual Rail Driver Tab that also contains a calibration routine that is quite effective.

At the moment I cannot find the link, I don't know if the raildriver tab is included in the Monogame or Unstable versions...I assume that it will be folded in once the changeover to Monogame has been complete.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for the help Gerry. I did know about the Open Rails calibration procedure and had implemented it. I'm thinking maybe Rail Driver just has a problem coping with Cab Forward locos - The logfile shows " Warning: Steam engine type parameter not formally defined. Simple locomotive has been assumed" Which the Cab Forward definitely isn't! I have at least got Open Rails to recognise the loco again now although it's currently brakeless.. (see my other thread.)
    Last edited by niknak; 10-04-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.